Starting Over....Again...
We've been doing some spring cleaning over at the Updyke house in the past couple weeks. But not in the home. No, this is cleaning out the heart stuff. And man has it gotten dusty in there! Jerry and I have both seen a lot happen in our lives in the past year of having a child. We are learning, growing, changing. In a good way! We have personal goals and mutual goals and we support and push each other to get there. It's a beautiful thing.
I recently re-joined a gym and I am really stoked. I feel energized like never before (or at least not in a LONG time) and I am finding motivation in the most unexpected ways. Jerry has been working on his own goals and we have had some of the most wonderful conversations over the past weeks. We are really learning to focus on God and our faith and how to follow Him as individuals, but also as a couple and as parents. We're settling in.
I almost feel like the honeymoon is over. But not in a bad way! No, just the opposite. When we came home from our actual honeymoon almost 3 years ago, we were exhilarated to be home. To be starting our lives together as husband and wife. We had a great time, but there was so much more to experience together than a week on the coast. And that's how I feel right now. I feel like we have been married for a couple years. We have a son. Our feet are good and wet. And now the fun really begins. There is security here. Safety. And knowing that we can weather the storms we might face together.
That love, it's there and it's deep. It's lovey and sweet and ooey gooey and fun. But it's friendship, and honesty and camaraderie. It's hopeful and faithful and truthful and comforting. It's just what I need. And I am all settled in. I'll take 50 more years of this please. Yes.
I recently re-joined a gym and I am really stoked. I feel energized like never before (or at least not in a LONG time) and I am finding motivation in the most unexpected ways. Jerry has been working on his own goals and we have had some of the most wonderful conversations over the past weeks. We are really learning to focus on God and our faith and how to follow Him as individuals, but also as a couple and as parents. We're settling in.
I almost feel like the honeymoon is over. But not in a bad way! No, just the opposite. When we came home from our actual honeymoon almost 3 years ago, we were exhilarated to be home. To be starting our lives together as husband and wife. We had a great time, but there was so much more to experience together than a week on the coast. And that's how I feel right now. I feel like we have been married for a couple years. We have a son. Our feet are good and wet. And now the fun really begins. There is security here. Safety. And knowing that we can weather the storms we might face together.
That love, it's there and it's deep. It's lovey and sweet and ooey gooey and fun. But it's friendship, and honesty and camaraderie. It's hopeful and faithful and truthful and comforting. It's just what I need. And I am all settled in. I'll take 50 more years of this please. Yes.









7 comments:
How wonderful....such a sweet post!
True love is beautiful.
love love love it!
Awww my heart is melting. I am so happy for you! :)
What a great post. I have watched our relationship get stronger and stronger over the years.
What a beautiful post!!!
Hi Andrea, I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and catching up on some great blogs - I'm a Friday, er, Sunday follower. Nice to meet you.
Stop by my blog when you have a minute and I hope you'll follow me back-
Kelly
http://KellysLuckyYou.blogspot.com
we're so lucky to have friends like you and jerry -- friends who we can count on to help us through the cobwebs of being ourselves and being married, raising a (dog, for now) family, being dedicated friends and true followers of the Lord.
<3
Post a Comment