1.08.2010

Becoming Mom: This is how we roll....


SO excited about tomorrow. It's going to be a crazy day but on the other side I will roll out in my new 2010 Honda Odyssey! What! That's right friends, I am full on embracing the minivan. In fact, I think we've even moved beyond the embrace. There will be definite caressing. It's a funny thing but we ended up buying the van from a dealer in Alabama, which means I will be on a plane to Atlanta to pick it up in the morning! And oh what will I do all by myself on a 6 hour drive? With Ipod hookups, cruise control and a new car smell?

Hopefully NOT die and go to heaven because I want to enjoy that smell as long as I can.

It will be the first new car either of us has had in 15 years. It's our first FAMILY car, and big purchase that Jerry and I make together. It feels good. I feel like a family. We are SO thankful for the people that helped make it happen. Just a big ol lovefest. In a van.

Yeah.

7 comments:

jenchak,  1/08/2010 8:24 PM  

Big ol lovefest in a van? What kind of hippies are you?

Kristy R.,  1/08/2010 9:34 PM  

How exciting! You are going to love the minivan!!

Colin and Holly,  1/08/2010 11:46 PM  

we just got one too mid december. LOVE IT!

Jennifer Wells,  1/09/2010 8:34 AM  

Awesome car! We just got one this summer and we love it. Even if we didn't have kids we would still own one. Congrats on your new purchase!

Melissa,  1/09/2010 10:23 PM  

Enjoy that new car smell and all the bells and whistles! I have always been vehemently opposed to minivans... BUT with #2 on the way, I daydream about being able to push a button to open the flippin' doors when I've got a bag of groceries, a 3 YO and lugging around a baby carrier. Hubby wants nothing to do with a minivan but it's sounding better and better!

Jennifer Boone,  3/19/2010 6:39 PM  

They sell the "new car" smell in stores now! I even saw it when I went to clean out my 4th love of my Life, my Honda Odyssey! Congrats!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP