Mission Accomplished!
Wow yesterday turned out to be an awesome day! I flew down to Atlanta to meet Jerry's sister Lori and nephew Jacob to pick up the van. The flight was even a little early so just as I was walking outside the airport, they drove up in the van! We said a few hellos and made the switch. Thanks again Jacob and Lori!!! I'm sorry we didn't get to hang more.
I sat in the van for a few minutes to get acclimated and more importantly, hook up the ipod. I was about half-way through the book Toy Monster and I wanted to finish it on the trip (which I did - interesting "read"). Once I was all ready to go I hopped on 85 and headed North! It was a beautiful day and a smooth ride. It just so happened that as I was heading into Charlotte I decided I needed to stretch my legs...what better place than IKEA? Oops, an hour and a half later I was back on the road with a couple extra pillow covers and a frame in hand. Yay! Let me tell you it was so hard to look at that big empty van and not fill it with goodies from IKEA, but we have to practice restraint now that we have a car payment. Limits, people!I didn't get to see Oscar before bedtime but I snuck in and covered him up and watched him breathe for a few minutes. So peaceful. He and Jerry had a great 'dude day' hanging out at home. Later that evening, Monica and Ashley came over to babysit so we could have a date! Jerry's band, The Whalewatchers played in the Raleigh Undercover as the Doobie Brothers! They did a fantastic job! The whole crowd was singing and bouncing along. The band that followed them did Black Sabbath which was also really fun. Of the five bands I saw, those were my favorites.
Jerry as a Doobie!
We had so much fun together and with our friends! It was just the little boost I needed after a long day on the road. Today I am just grinning. We are so thankful for our family and friends who take care of us!














2 comments:
Sounds like a great day. Almost makes me a little jealous and is a complete contrast to my day of sitting at home all day enjoying my family, shopping by myself and watching a chick filck by myself as Joe went out. But my day was awesome also! Amazing how different days can be awesome in their own way.
Ooooh! It's so shiny and clean! Mine is 10 years old and does NOT look like that anymore!
Post a Comment