Splashing on a Cold Day...
Here is another cool idea I stumbled upon somewhere on the Internet...I can't remember where I saw it, but when I did I filed it away in my memory for future use. I like chilly weather, but I am not built for COLD. And lately it has been just that. We pretty much stay inside except to get from point A to point B, those points being heated buildings or cars. I don't want Oscar to get bored though, so I am always on the lookout for fun things to do.
He loves bathtime and water in general so I pulled out his infant tub and put some towels down in the middle of the kitchen floor. We grabbed a few toys and got wet! I let Oscar go splash crazy and he loved it! I thought about stripping him down to his diaper but even inside it's a little chilly so I left his shirt and pants on. He got soaked and cold after about 15 minutes, but what fun it was! I am sure that if we find ourselves in a particularly long afternoon stuck inside, this activity will be just the trick!
He loves bathtime and water in general so I pulled out his infant tub and put some towels down in the middle of the kitchen floor. We grabbed a few toys and got wet! I let Oscar go splash crazy and he loved it! I thought about stripping him down to his diaper but even inside it's a little chilly so I left his shirt and pants on. He got soaked and cold after about 15 minutes, but what fun it was! I am sure that if we find ourselves in a particularly long afternoon stuck inside, this activity will be just the trick!













2 comments:
hey andrea!
I just got this book called The Toddlers Busy Book: 365 Creative Games and Activities to Keep Your 1 1/2- to 3-Year-Old Busy... it is awesome and a great resource when you have no idea what to do on a cold day- or just any day for that matter! It mostly uses household items for play so it doesn't create lots of expense.
thought you might be interested!
He looks pretty excited about all that :) Good job, mama.
Post a Comment