Running and Running and Running
There's a chill in the air and that means I am itching to do something new. Or at least something I haven't done in a long time, or seriously. Yesterday I talked about finding my "thing" and I think I have! For now at least. We all know that I have been trying to get more exercise in my life and despite my love for the elliptical trainer (which I no longer have access to), I've decided to take up running. And THIS time, I mean it.
So far it's been a very slow process and I don't even know if it qualifies as a process, but it's about to! I've "run" one 5k in my life which you can read about here, and let's just say I have something to prove. SO, I have decided to run the Raleigh Old Reliable Run on November 15th! This time I am going to train for it with a goal of actually running the whole thing. HEY what a concept!
I'm going to use the schedule laid out on Marathon Rookie and no, the word Marathon is not anything I see in my near future. Maybe in a few years. Or never. I WOULD however like to run a 10k before the end of the year but I haven't found one yet. We'll see.
Basically, I have always admired runners. My dad was a runner, and more recently my brother-in-law Dean (who has a kick-A running blog that you must visit) completed his goal of running the Boston Marathon. I decided that it's time to stop admiring and join the ranks, even if as a lesser-slower-mom-runner. The bottom line is, I want to succeed at this and I am going to take it slow. I think goals are a much better way for me to attack something than say, declaring that I am going to run more. More than what? Anything would be running more than I currently do, so a goal I must have.
Anyone want to do the Old Reliable with me? Let me know!










5 comments:
Well, I'm a fan, and you KNOW I love running! Old Reliable is a great race, I believe in you. Keep us updated.
Uhhh, I just emailed you about this yesterday lady!
I don't know if I am up for a full on race but I will train with you. Depending on nap times we might not be able to train together every day but we can keep each other accountable!
I can't because of an automobile injury. But my cousin started running ten years ago and hasn't stopped!
Hey that's awesome! I love the old reliable. I hate to miss it this year, but I will come cheer you on. Save that 10K for next spring so I can join you!
Yay!! Go for it! It's my first 5k too! I'm excited/nervous. If you ever need a running partner I am right around the corner. I have not forgotten that I owe you a disc of pictures- in fact I think about it all the time. I got eaten by the wedding monster but am back on the other side now. I'll bring it by soon.
thanks,
Emily
Post a Comment