10.07.2009

Kitchen Itchin....

Fine I'll admit it. I am a compulsive fixer-upper. If you've been to my house more than once, it was probably different than the last time you were here. I can't go more than a couple of months without changing SOMETHING. Even if it's just rearranging furniture or moving a picture from one wall to another. I guess it's sort of artistic(?) My canvas is my home and I keep adjusting it until it feels just right. Which it does for a few weeks, and then I have to do it again.



However, my kitchen hasn't seen TOO much change as of late. I did FINALLY get the living room curtains re-sewn and hung in the dining area and I love it so much that I now feel the need to paint the whole kitchen and maybe the cabinets! UGH. Painting cabinets. I am not ready to commit to that. But, I am definitely going for the walls.

Right now they are a beige-y gold color and I am going to paint them a serene aqua-ish color. Yes that is how I talk. This color combo is something I NEVER get sick of no matter what room it's in. Currently we have it going on in the guest room and I. LOVE. IT. For a while I wondered if it would be too much to have it in the kitchen too, but then I was all, UMM...MY house. So it's on. Now I just need to find the right color.


Oh yeah and I am going to move a couple shelves from one wall to the other and create a real space for Oscar's high chair. It's sort of been crammed next to the window and it just bothers me. I'm not gonna lie. I love a project.

8 comments:

Jessica,  10/07/2009 10:21 AM  

Oh exciting. I think you should paint the cabinets black like the IKEA shelf... that would looks so sleek and sexy.

Paige Puckett,  10/07/2009 3:33 PM  

Yay! Painting! You told me MONTHS ago when we did our house (again) that you wanted the kitchen an aqua color. I think it will look great :)

Kim,  10/07/2009 4:41 PM  

do it. and I agree w/ Jess on black cabinets. But painting cabinets is a pain in the a$$!

Corrie Howe,  10/08/2009 10:38 AM  

You remind me of my mother. My house hasn't changed in six years. But I'm looking at the walls and thinking they need to be repainted...but I want the same colors...boring?

I love what you did to the kitchen~

Angie,  10/08/2009 1:50 PM  

I still love those curtains. I want them.

@sweetbabboo,  10/08/2009 8:20 PM  

Love your red curtains. Those are fantastic!

I have been through the cabinet painting thing and I have to say it really isn't all that bad esp if you're only painting the exterior. I did the whole shebang inside and out. After painting all the insides, the exterior seemed like nothing. It is a pain to have your stuff everywhere.

-Abby

Andrea,  10/09/2009 9:35 AM  

OK so who wants to help paint these cabinets? ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP