10.08.2009

I won I won!

Hooray for free toys! One morning last week, Oscar decided he would get up 30 minutes early. I went with it because he had slept all night long and really, what more could I ask of an 8 month old? So I nursed him and plopped him in bed for some daddy time. I came into the office to check my email and noticed that there was a live twitter contest going on at that very moment from LETOYS. Apparently, it's a new online toy store (opening this month) and they were doing a giveaway. Well I got there just in time to answer a question correctly and win $50 of FREE toys! I didn't get to pick them or anything, but I was able to provide Oscar's age so they would be appropriate.


Well, I didn't know what to expect because I don't know that I have ever actually spent $50 on toys. BOY did we hit the jackpot! Seriously! We had already planned to save them for Christmas and I will do that for most of them. But he'll probably get one or two before then :-) I mean they were SO generous to us! Even though they are for him, I was waiting like a kid at Christmas for UPS to get here. And they did not disappoint. I think he will love them!

6 comments:

Corrie Howe,  10/08/2009 10:35 AM  

Stopped by from SITS, sounds like we have a few things in common. I remember when I won a basket full of prizes for my son. It was like a gift from God because I was a single parent at the time and coming up on Christmas and his birthday!

Congratulations! Looks like some great stuff.

JaelCustomDesigns,  10/08/2009 11:04 AM  

Congratulations on your win!

Popping in from SITS and I'm now following your blog. I try to support all my local SITStas. I'm in the Raleigh- Durham area too!

Jessica,  10/08/2009 12:20 PM  

WooHoo! We'll have to come over sometime after Christmas to inspect this new toys. You know to make sure they're safe for Oscar.

@sweetbabboo,  10/08/2009 8:16 PM  

Wow! There's some really great stuff there. Oscar obviously woke you up for a reason. Maybe I should stop begrudging Linus his short naps and start looking for the silver lining. Yea right.

-Abby

Dot Mil Mom,  10/09/2009 7:46 AM  

Proof that hanging out at twitter really pays off! Very cool.

Angie,  10/09/2009 4:48 PM  

That's so awesome! You got a lot of stuff for $50! It would be hard to wait for Christmas.... ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP