Fun at the Farmer's Market!
Yesterday, Oscar and I finally made it out to the Farmer's Market. I say finally for two reasons. One is that I've been wanting to go for weeks and just never got around to it. Secondly, despite my impeccable inner GPS, I ALWAYS get lost on the way to the Farmer's Market.
ALWAYS!
I live less than 7 miles away and I get lost each and every time. It's like a space-time continuum where I say I am going to to do it differently this time, only to forget that the way I am doing it, is actually the EXACT SAME THING I do every time. I always turn left when I should have turned right, thinking that last time I turned right and this time I will beat the system! Then when I have to backtrack I ALWAYS turn one street too early and get stuck in the downtown maze of one-way streets. Ahh!
It's really REALLY easy to get there. I promise! That's what makes it so insanely frustrating that I continue to do it. Who knows, maybe if I got it right Jack, Kate and the others could finally get off the island! I digress.
So we finally made it to the market and got to shopping. Now that I know how wonderful it is on a weekday morning, you will never see me there on a Saturday again! Huge difference. HUGE. We were able to leisurely walk around and pick our veggies with out being pushed and prodded by the hungry mob. We even got a pumpkin! This is Oscar's first Fall so I decided he needed a pumpkin. He loves it. See?


We got lots of delicious produce including some of the best peaches I have ever had. I've eaten two already so I foresee another trip in a few days to re-stock. We also grabbed some free-range eggs. So delicious. I love the Farmer's Market. It just makes me happy. I feel connected somehow. And it didn't hurt that it was a beautiful day. This weather just begs us to be outside. I'm sure we'll be going a lot this season!











8 comments:
Next time you are near Lake Johnson or The Farmers Market, text me. I live near both and we can meet up with you!
Looks like lots of lovely squash. Your boy is so cute.
We love going to the Farmer's Market too! Sometimes we try to go on a Saturday so that Geoff can enjoy it with us. And every time we realize why we DON'T like going on Saturdays! But Saturday afternoons actually are usually ok. It's the morning crowd you've got to watch out for!
That is one big pumpkin.
That is one big pumpkin.
We just bought a big pumpkin, too! Are ya gonna carve it? Roast pumpkin seeds? Make pumpkin pie? Yay, it's fall!!!
He's so cute!!!!!
I'm not sure what we'll do with it! I have never carved a pumpkin so that could be an adventure!
Post a Comment