8.26.2008

Break out the PeePee TeePees.....

We are having a BOY!!!

As convinced as we were that we were having a girl, we were dead wrong! A little boy is baking in here !!! We were so shocked at the ultrasound. I wouldn't call it disappointed, but just complete surprise. We couldn't be more surprised unless I end up having a girl after all. Part of the reason we thought it was a girl was because we had picked a name almost instantly and of course even though we weren't using it yet, it felt like we had named our baby. We have been trying to think of boy names but they are just hard! Thankfully, we have two 10 hour train rides in the next week to think about it!

It was a crazy switch for us to make, but one that was mainly self-imposed. And now that we know we have a "he" in there, we are totally on team boy!


So, who wants to name him???


19 comments:

Anonymous,  8/26/2008 10:29 PM  

I think Jerrdrea is a pretty awesome boy's name. I think you should consider it. I really do

Angie,  8/27/2008 12:21 AM  

I think I may need to pass on name suggestions. It took me 9 months to name my own boy! I finally decided because I simply ran out of time! CONGRATS!

Jessica,  8/27/2008 8:22 AM  

Boys Rock! You have more than a 10 hour train ride to decide on a name so don't fret. I think the harder it is to decide on a name makes it all the more exciting when you finally do decide. We both cried when we finally agreed upon Jude Aidan.

Paige Puckett,  8/27/2008 8:23 AM  

thinking of plays on either of your names: anders, herald, andy, jerome...

yeah. namming took us about 9 months too! can i just says, WOW. boys boys boys :)

Will and Jennifer Farmer,  8/27/2008 9:19 AM  

Yippee for boys! I think Xander Updyke is a pretty cool name. ;o) Just think, his name would be worth like a million points in Scrabble!

Jamie,  8/27/2008 10:04 AM  

Jerry Junior of course! How exciting, a little boy, a brother for Krusty. I agree, naming a boy seems more difficult than a girl. Why is that? Hope you are having a great trip and having lots of fun thinking of names!

Kelsey Wesley,  8/27/2008 10:05 AM  

Oh Oh OH i want to ....you know i love baby names...i will give you bunches of suggestions......

AshleyHami,  8/27/2008 10:53 AM  

Congrats!!! My sister in law just had a baby boy...she named him Jacob Michael (Michael after one of her brother's) her other choice was Aiden Patrick (Patrick after her other brother and my hubs!)...thought I'd pass on one of her ideas ;)

My only word of "advice" if you will, is to give him his own first name...no Juniors please...it can really mess up a person's credit or attempt to get funding in the future!!! I've noticed this sooo many times in my field.

Grandma B.T.,  8/27/2008 11:03 AM  

Congrats!!! I have loved having a grandson after raising 3 girls. It is learning all over again how to deal with a baby. It took Keri and Adam a long time to decide on Noah and then they wanted to see him before making it final. They wanted to sure he looked like a Noah. That was a new one for me. What ever the name is he will be special.

The Land of Luke & Ella,  8/27/2008 11:20 AM  

Boys names are harder. I vote for Lyric Updyke bc you are both into music. I like weird names but really didn't pick any myself. The challenge is fun :)

Tori,  8/27/2008 11:57 AM  

Congrats Jerry and Andrea!! One idea that I have heard a lot of people use recently for both boys and girls is for the mom to use her maiden name (that way the name is carried on in some form or fashion). I can't remember your maiden name but it might work. I am still trying to sell Taylor on the idea if we have a boy one day to name him "Troup" or "Trouper".

Anonymous,  8/27/2008 12:20 PM  

I just spent too much time at work looking at baby name sites. Here's what I found that I thought y'all might like:

Joshua (a good standard/solid name)
possible middle names-
Corbett (means "raven")
Conley (means "hero")
Corwin (means "friend of the heart")
Ruel (pronounced like rule; means "friend of God")
Rowan (means "little red-headed one" I think)

and if you wanted to keep the "GLU" initials going...

Gavin (means "little hawk")
possible middle names-
Lowry (means "spokesman")
Lucas (variant of Luke, means "bringer of light")
Lawrence (per the suggestion of Tori above)

Hope this helps spark your brains in finding a name you love! Happy hunting!

Jamie,  8/27/2008 1:30 PM  

Harris, "Hollywood", Colbert, Irwin, Stills, Coogen, Carell, Cropper, McQueen, Wonder, Ray Vaughn...UPDYKE.

--D

Angie,  8/27/2008 4:45 PM  

I like the idea mentioned above of carrying on the initials. I like Gavin Lawrence Updyke. It has a nice ring to it!

Kelsey Wesley,  8/27/2008 5:22 PM  

Anderson Noah
Asher Blythe
Ashton Isaiah
Emerson Daniel
Donegan Michael
Nyadowyn James
Sawyer Dawson
Owen Sawyer
Braiden Michael
Brogan Phillip
Gavin Andrew
Connery Lucas
Declan Joseph
Brady Spencer
Keagan Adam
Liam Parker
Jackson Taylor
Chase Ryan
Oliver Amos
Cameron Elijah
Riley Christian
Mason Alexander
Brighton William


and that's just a few...

jenchak,  8/28/2008 9:38 AM  

An ode to your "other" boy, and a kind nod to the sea... i vote to name him Krustacean! and the middle name could be Barnacle! oh, snap...

The Land of Luke & Ella,  8/28/2008 4:38 PM  

oh I like Asher and Asa too...

Mako Shark,  8/28/2008 8:54 PM  

I say Xanadu is an awesome name. But I may use it myself...

Andrea,  8/31/2008 8:12 PM  

Wow thanks for all the suggestions!! We are still trying to decide but the name won't be revealed until his big debut!! So exciting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP