9.03.2008

We're Back!

We had a wonderful time in NYC! I will post pictures when I get a chance but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the name suggestions! We don't have a finalized name yet, but we are getting closer :-).

New York was great and it was so nice to get away and just enjoy a different place and each other. We walked and walked and ate and shopped. It was great! I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary! Now, on to year two!

We did pick up a few "boy" things while we were there and now that we know, I am super ready to get on the nursery!!! Jerry started cleaning in the office (nursery) last night and I am hoping to get some things organized this week. I have 2 projects to do also. I need to paint a dresser and an end table. Both should be fairly quick and easy other than the sanding part. And don't worry, I'll be outside with a mask on and Jerry will do the stinky stuff (he doesn't know that yet)....

We also need to put shelves in both the nursery and guest room/new office closets. The house came with one clothing bar in each closet but no shelves so now is the time. So on top of all the cleaning and organizing, we have our work cut out for us! Kinda scary how the list goes on and on when next week is the half way point! What??!! Thankfully, our families have been really helpful so we have a lot of the bigger items already (crib, changing table, swing, pack'n'play) so we just need to get it straight. But that's the fun part!

We also went to ikea in Brooklyn and grabbed a high chair and a nursing/bouncing chair for me. Thanks to Nicole and Oliver for hauling those back for us! We really appreciate it!

Right now we are accumulating stuff so that requires purging. We try to live by the one in one out rule, which is proving to be more difficult at the moment, but I think we will manage. So, that's pretty much the update! Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Nicole,  9/03/2008 11:01 PM  

Please give us a call! We are back from NY and have your wonderful IKEA items! So glad you had a great time!

Kelsey Wesley,  9/04/2008 9:56 AM  

Pictures of new stuff please......

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP