Monday. Blech.
Well, it's back to the real world with another Monday. But, since I am not ready to face reality yet, I will talk about my weekend! Jerry and I have 2 lists of things to do before the wedding. One for wedding related things, and one for house related things. So this weekend on Saturday, we focused on the house and Sunday, the wedding.
Saturday was fun! We spent some time with my parents, and then went to Lowes (which is always fun to me) and bought some plants and tools to work on the yard. We planted 6 Hostas along the front side walk! They kinda look like this:
This was very exciting for me because I don't think I have ever really planted anything in the ground before. Much less MY ground! It was great. We took turns digging the holes and putting in the potting mix/soil. The card says they should have white and purple blooms in late summer, so it would be completely awesome if they are in bloom when people are here for the wedding! I also planted some geraniums in a metal bucket that my mom gave me. It's in the back yard adding a tiny bit of color for now :-)
Yesterday, we were both in the morning band at Vintage and after a nice long nap, we decided to work on the ribbon wands. I got about 50 done and will post pictures soon! I didn't get to the brownies cake just yet, but I am hoping for tomorrow. My trip to the grocery store was replaced with the afore-mentioned nap! We had home made mac'n'cheese for dinner and finally watched Letters from Iwo Jima. It was a fun and productive weekend!!









1 comments:
Naturally, naps ARE more important then trips to the grocery store.
Post a Comment