6.17.2007

A little bit more....

You might have noticed that on our labels for the centerpieces, there is a reference to a bible verse, Ruth 1:16. Jerry and I decided to incorporate this verse to represent our commitment to each other now, and in the future. It says:

But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.

The reason this is particularly important to me is because this is my second marriage. I think we both feel that we were meant for each other and for this time. But being 10 years older and hopefully a little wiser, I feel like I finally really understand the depth of meaning that this verse has. Not only are we committing to the good times and memories, but we are committing to life changes and working as a team. We will follow each other and serve together no longer as individuals.

Of course we will still have our own diverse interests, but our unity will be the foundation that everything else builds on. So far, it has been rock solid! I am so glad to use this verse as a reminder to both of us that commitment is far more important than we ever thought. Did/do you have a special verse or phrase that really captures the wedding "moment" for you?

1 comments:

Angie,  6/17/2007 1:18 PM  

You asked for it! Our wedding song was 'Make Us One' by Phillip Bailey. Here are some of the words:

'Make us one in one another, one with Thee. Make the love so strong between us that world will clearly see that however great the problem, we soon will overcome, 'cause we're anchored in the Father and we're walking in the Son....Make us one heart, one mind, one hope, our hope is in You'

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP