Honeymoon Ideas...
Now that we have our flight and our car, the next order of business for the honeymoon is to plan our activities. We already know some touristy things that we definitely want to do.
~Alcatraz
~Vineyard Tour
~Fisherman's Wharf (SF)
~Fish Market (Seattle)
~Redwood Forest
Now that I write it down, that actually sounds like a lot! We also considered going sea kayaking. A friend of ours told us how fun it was and that we should check it out. But, after some consideration and a lot of unhealthy daydreaming, we decided that we didn't want to look like bait for this guy.
That's right. Sharks. We both love the water, but not what lies beneath (excuse the pun). I might have been able to pretend they didn't exist. But once Jerry fessed up, all I could think of was that time in the pool when I somehow ended up alone in there. It was just after JAWS 3 and I was sure they were going to burst through the 8 inch pipe at the bottom! It stays with me.
So, no sea kayaking. Please feel free to offer any other ideas! And if that picture wasn't enough for you, check THIS out.
:-)









5 comments:
Sounds fun. I had a friend that stayed in California for a few months with work. When he'd have free time, he would travel up and down the coast. From his (breath taking) pictures, I'd suggest the highway that runs right along the coast. There are tons of state parks, a lot of waterfalls, etc.
You've heard enough from me. ;)
Pacific Coast Highway is a must. You already have Alcatraz listed. Definitely stay away from Jaws. This guy can't even escape him.
http://whiteafrican.com/wp-content/Shark_Attack_01.jpg
I would hate to see what would happen in a sea kayak.
Jaws 3D scared the mess out of me too, I was 8 and couldn't make it through the whole movie.
Seth
You can always go sea kayaking around Seattle on the Puget Sound. There will be beautiful islands and no sharks! I also love the Fremont area in Seattle- there are cute shops, a chocolate factory, and a canal with a draw bridge (I think that's what those bridges that go up are called...)
Alcatraz was surpirsingly good. Extremely interesting.
The Warf waore off on my very fast. It's quite touristy.
Culinary suggestions: The Stinking Rose, and House of Nanking.
Book suggestion: The Maltese Falcon (Set in SF)
I'd love to go to SF and do some running with the local running clubs, which include national greats. But that might not be on your agenda.
- D
Post a Comment