3.10.2010

Keeping Busy


I am amazed at the rate Oscar is learning. He has started to really grasp inside/outside this week and has been stacking his cups and his favorite, Dada's CDs (which are conveniently located right at toddler eye level). He is playing with his toys differently too. I don't know if it's being around older kids from time to time or if something just clicked, but he is defiintely a little individual who knows what he wants.

His eating has drastically changed this month too. He isn't eating as much volume at each meal, but rather sometimes he eats a TON (like this mornings 2 waffles and a banana) and other times not much at all. He is heavy on the dairy and bread and light on the protein. He will still eat meat, but now shuns vegetables and beans. He loves peanut butter so I imagine we'll add more of that for now. I still offer a variety, but I am not going to worry, I know this to be normal and we'll just ride it out. We did try baby food veggies again to see if he would take to that, thinking it was a texture thing, but no go. One thing I am noticing is that he wants to eat the big pieces. If I let him take a bite of a big slice of something, he is more apt to try it. Go figure.

This week has been full of amazing weather so we've been outside as much as possible. Oscar has been back and forth with his napping, but being outside is a definite way to keep him happy. He LOVES running around in the grass and playing in the dirt. He's on the fast track to being all boy, that's for sure. And I am really enjoying the process! Today it's a little rainy, so we'll hopefully get some of our errands finished. It's been a good week. 

4 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey,  3/10/2010 10:51 AM  

What a little cutie.

Neither of my boys liked baby food veggies. I had to do my own and have them little bit chunky for them. I guess that texture and the taste together wasn't doing it for them.

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip,  3/10/2010 11:04 AM  

Isn't it fun to watch them change and grow!! It's like experiencing childhood all over again. Love your adorable blog. I'm a new follower from FFF MBC. Come by and visit me sometime too!

http://organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/

liz,  3/10/2010 3:02 PM  

Hi Andrea! I found you through FFF on MBC. I love the look and feel of your blog - very simple and clean.

I'm going through feeding issues with my 19 month old right now. It seems like there are some days she doesn't eat a thing.

Liz
http://thejostesfamily.blogspot.com

Paige Puckett,  3/11/2010 4:48 PM  

Veggie shunnage! Aahhhh! Before you know it he'll be eating only whites: fries, bread, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles. Wait, that's my diet. Oops.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP