The 3/50 Project
I came across this project while browsing the website of a local business here in Raleigh. The store is called Babiology and oooh boy is it fun! They sell new items as well as consignment AND cloth diapers!!! YAY! Found out about the store from my friend Regan and loved it immediately. Sidenote, this is completely relevant to the book I am currently reading called The Tipping Point, which is all about interconnectedness and social epidemics. Love.
So anyway, I found the 3/50 Project and I love it! See if you can spend $50 a month at a local business and how much it will help! Not suggesting an EXTRA $50. Just, if you need something, try and see if you can shop locally first. I know 'shop local' seems to be everyone's mantra these days, but this just makes it more tangible if you ask me. Certainly there are things I could get from a local vendor instead of oh I dunno, Target? Plus I love that hometown feel. So there! Go shopping!









8 comments:
have fun shopping at target this afternoon. haha I joke. I like this idea.
Ha! Busted already :-) BUT in my defense I was returning things to Target :-)
Girl! I told you about 3/50 ages ago! Thanks for listening, friend. :)
You did? Well, maybe I am a visual learner more than I thought...I saw the pretty flier...hehe you win!
ha! pretty always draws me in, too! :) my latest is standing in front of beanie + cecil until someone gives me mean looks.
hey! thanks for stopping by my blog for friday follow - really love this blog! this post especially is meaningful to me - where i live it seems there is a new "going out of business" sign everyday and it just breaks my heart! trying to spend more locally because of that :-)
hey, i meant to add an answer to your question on my blog about the homemade laundry detergent - i think it would work on cloth diapers - i use them on my son's underwear and he's still new enough to potty training that he has occassional accidents - his undies came out so clean - i also used it on my whites and they came out beautifully!
Following your blog on FF!
Post a Comment