Becoming Mom: In Sickness and in Health
The past week has taught me a lot about myself and my personal selfishness, especially when I am feeling physically spent. As you know, I've been sick with a head cold for
I am blessed with good health most of the time, but on those days when I feel like a pile of poo, I am learning how to suck it up and keep going. The funny thing is Oscar has been super sweet to me this week. He'll come over to me and give me a kiss or snuggle for a minute on his way to the next big thing. I am hopeful that he won't get the cold and so far he's been clear. I think that he is probably getting some of my antibodies through nursing so that makes me feel better.
In the meantime, I have chosen to try and enjoy our days at home before the crazy life kicks in again. We leave for the mountains in two weeks! Lots to do before then, but nothing that can't wait a few more days. It's funny how you come full circle. Even as I know I can't get a sick day, there is still nothing I would rather do than care for this amazing little boy. I am so thankful to be a mom, in sickness and in health.










5 comments:
I SO hear you. We've been sick forever, too, and it's been a never-ending cycle. But being a mom is the best, and I will try not to forget that through my stuffy nose and my daughter waking up today with another cold!
Hi from another Andrea in NC!
Seriously, I've been sick since the day before Thanksgiving and really ready for it to leave my body completely. I have so much to do! I can't believe I ever had the luxury of lounging around all day in bed and my jammies without a little one to tend to. I guess those days are long over ;)
Ugh! Being sick is rough as a mom... but when baby is sick too, I hardly have a chance to think about it. I hope you are back to good health very soon!
It is so hard, isn't it. I was on bed rest for most of my last pregnancy, and had to figure out how to take care of my then 18-month-old at the same time, even though I just wanted to lie on the couch and nap. I felt guilty constantly, but we all made it through in the end!
Hope you feel much better soon, that your son stays well, and that your upcoming trip is wonderful!
I'm in the same place. I have the cold that never dies plus a cough, and Micah is teething... it seems like the days when I have "it" the least, he needs it the most! Then I have to go back to Paige's advice and count any day that I keep him alive as a good day.
Post a Comment