11.13.2009

The Raleigh Handmade Market Does it Again!



Twice a year I turn into a giddy little girl just chomping at the bit to get my hands on some seriously awesome goodies. I'm talking about a local craft fair called The Handmade Market. For several years, The HandMaidens have been hosting an amazing one day market with quality items for men, women, children, the home and this year, even the dogs!

I love going and shopping the locally produced wares for Christmas gifts, a special treat, or just walking around all googly-eyed at all the prettttty. I always want to spend more than I can but this year it was especially true! I managed to keep a handle on things but not without walking away with a few goodies! I got a beautiful bobby-pin for my hair with a clay leaf made by the talented Tasha McKelvey. I loved all of her jewelry and could have snatched up one of everything!


I snagged a delicious smelling Eucalyptus and Lavender bar of soap from Jackson Sage for Jerry. He might want to lock it up though because I might not be able to resist!



I also got a headband from Zass Design. This was my first introduction to Zass and I loved their style! Everything is made from recycled materials. They even make their gift bags from old magazines! So great. With my shorter hair, I am always on the lookout for interesting things to stick in there. And the best part is that their headbands aren't too tight! Double win!



Finally, I was able to help support my friend Paige of Paige Puckett Pottery! She has been in the Handmade Market as a Vendor before, but has been on hiatus for a little while. Let me be the first to say, welcome back Paige! We missed you and your amazing Pottery!


Seriously, it was a fabulous show and if you missed it, don't worry! You can find all of the vendors on the Handmade Market website! Be sure to bookmark it also, so you can be sure to clear your calendar for the spring show. And as always, thanks to The Handmaidens for providing us a chance to shop local and have an awesome time. You rock!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP