10.15.2009

What is Your Favorite Reading Memory?


When I was a child I loved to read books. My mom has pictures of me having fallen asleep reading and in first grade, I was placed in the advanced readers circle which I was VERY proud of. I must have been if I still remember it! I really want Oscar to have the same love of books that I have so recently, I purchased a few board books with Sesame Street characters on them. One of the books features Grover. While flipping through it, I had a flashback to my favorite childhood book of all time! Somehow it had buried itself deep in my subconscious because I haven't thought of this book in years, if not decades. It was called The Monster at The End of This Book and I LOVED reading it over and over, and over again. I can physically recall the anticipation of the end, as if maybe THIS time it will be different. I can't believe I forgot about it and I have been smiling just thinking about reading it to Oscar.

With Where the Wild Things Are coming out in theatres, and various other children's books being made into movies, I think these kinds of memories are likely to pop up. So what was your favorite book? What made it so special to you?

4 comments:

Angie 10/15/2009 11:12 PM  

I LOVED the Monster at the end of this book! I think we still have it, AND there was a sequel! I was never really a big fan of Where the Wild Things Are, though.

Corrie Howe 10/16/2009 12:15 AM  

My kids loved "Monster At The End Of This Book." It was fun to read it to them.

The movie looks good. I don't know if I really liked the book or not. I'm familiar with it, but it doesn't really stick out in my mind as a favorite.

Jessica 10/16/2009 10:25 AM  

I also loved that book. A few of my other favorites which I have also just recently remembered are: the berenstain bears-messy room, Little Critter - I Am So Mad, Corduroy, Where the Wild Things are and.... there was this awesome pop-up book with really cool artistic animals that opened their mouths as you turned the page.
I want to buy Jude all the books in the world! I love kids books.

Twincerely,Olga 10/17/2009 9:23 AM  

I loved Dr. Suess and reading green eggs and Ham to my kids!!great post

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP