10.13.2009

Gotta Grow Up Sometime...

Oscar is getting more and more mobile each day. The rate at which he is growing is astounding. I can hardly keep up !! It feels like just yesterday we raised the excersaucer from the 1st to the 2nd setting and now I just had to raise it to the 3rd (and final!) setting! We don't have another Dr. appointment until the week of Thanksgiving but I KNOW he has gotten a lot taller. And it's his torso. Jerry and are both long in the torso so it's no surprise. In pants and shirts, Oscar is still in 9-12 month clothing, but almost all of his one-piece clothing has to be 18 months. It's mind boggling!

His personality is downright infectious. I am absolutely loving the little games we play. Being able to see his wheels turning and how he contemplates what to do next is awesome. A few of the games we do right now are 'touch your nose' where he actually will touch MY nose with his tiny little pointer finger. He knows the command too! It's so cute, as soon as I say it, he gets a HUGE smile on his face (you know the one) and reaches up to touch my nose. He also has the same recognition of "what does the dog (or Krusty) say"? In that case, he obviously doesn't say woof, woof, but he smiles and waits for us to say it. He's also starting to experiment with boundaries. I don't know if I would consider it disobedience just yet, but he definitely knows he isn't supposed to touch the TV cabinet. He will crawl over to it, turn around and look at me and THEN reach up to touch it. Almost as if to say, how about now? Is this allowed today?

The not so awesome part of all this growth is the fact that his naps have become short again. (It is at this very moment that I remembered The Wonder Weeks and had to go check the chart - YEP Week 37 is "The World of Categories") So now I know what the deal is. His brain is working O-VER-TIME. Basically what that means is we get two 45min-1hour naps if we're lucky. This makes for very long and hard days for mama but we're getting through. Today was a two-walk day. Yesterday, it rained and we weren't so lucky.

Just tonight, Jerry was saying how he was looking back at older pictures of Oscar and how he doesn't even remember him then. What he felt like or sounded like or how he liked to be fed. All he knows is Oscar today. And I agreed that it all has happened so fast and this is exactly why I blog! I want to remember these times because they will be gone too quickly.



Lately, I have been sitting on the floor with Oscar instead of on the couch. He never used to care, but in the past few days it's as if he can feel the separation of height even though I am in the same room. Especially at the end of the day. So I sit leaning on the couch and he crawls over to me and climbs on me and tries to pull my hair. We play and we giggle until daddy gets home.

And I love it.

1 comments:

Corrie Howe,  10/13/2009 11:59 PM  

They do grow so fast. One day you are rocking them to bed at night, the next day they are driving you around in your own car. :-) And you realize, just yesterday I could hold him in my arms. Now he can hold me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP