9.09.2009

Touchy Touchy Misher.



Babies, finicky little creatures that they are, definitely resist change. My thing is, their ENTIRE lives are change! How do they even know to resist?? But they do. Ahhh yes. They do. I give you, the paci. Oscar goes to sleep with a pacifier. It works like a charm 9 out of 10 times and we love it. He doesn't really have it other than bedtime unless we are out and I know we will be going past when he would normally be asleep. Ok, so all of that was for context.

Lately, Oscar has gotten really good at putting the paci in his own mouth and part of his wind down routine is to hold it in his hands, put it in his mouth backwards, take it out. Rinse, repeat. Well, I noticed that he is now able to put the entire paci in his mouth and for naps that just made me too nervous (1st time mommy ok? The next kid will be sucking on old chicken bones). I got him a larger pacifier and took away the old ones last night and darned if he didn't wake up like 4 times! He wasn't hungry. And I changed his diaper thinking maybe it was dirty, but he was fine. I would LOVE to blame teething, as you well know, but I am convinced that I will have the world's first toothless child. The only thing I can come up with is NEW PACI. Really? Yes. Oscar doesn't have very many habits yet, but the paci/blanket combo is not one to be trifled with. Last week I got a new blanket that is the same fuzzy fleece as the old one so we could wash one/use one and it went well. Foolishly, I thought the same thing about the pacifier. The good news is, he went down for his nap with minimal fuss with the new paci. I am hoping that by bedtime, those tiny baby pacis will be a distant memory.

Yesterday, I texted my husband a picture of Oscar's magnificent poopy diaper. I did. We laughed that this is what our life has become. Poop and pacis people! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Chris,  9/09/2009 11:22 AM  

Regarding teeth--Cassie and Savannah got their first teeth pretty early--4 months and 6 months. Madison, on the other hand, didn't get her first tooth until 2 weeks AFTER her first birthday! I inquired about this at most of her check ups and started to freak out a bit at 10 months. Her ped said that some babes are just late sprouts. Of course, then they all seemed to come at once---no teeth at bedtime and four the next day. Well not really but you get the idea.

regan,  9/09/2009 1:15 PM  

I too thought the fussiness from 3 mo - 10 mo. MUST have been teething. I mean, come on you little teefies!
Lil g got her first tooth a couple of weeks before her first birthday. She's 17 months now and still only has 6. She hasn't had a new one in at least 4 months. So, yeah, 6 teeth in 1.5 months, that was really fun. I can't wait for the rest of them. Oh, and molars! ;P

regan,  9/09/2009 1:16 PM  

p.s. While you are still breastfeeding, baby teeth are not fun. Just thought I'd let you know one upside to "late" teethers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP