Loose ends...
We are currently living in a state of loose ends. Right now the house feels like it did right after I moved in, or right after Jerry moved in, or as we were preparing for Oscar's arrival. Actually, maybe we live in a constant state of upheaval...hmmm....
At any rate, we are painting the living room and maybe the kitchen, reorganizing the guest room/office and trying to baby proof. It always gets worse before it gets better and while I hate the feeling of "worse" I LOVE "better" so we power through. It's also helpful (?) to move things around and realize that you really REALLY need to clean. My strong point is organization and making a place for everything. Jerry is definitely a cleaner. I am stating for the record that I LIKE things to be clean. I just have a higher tolerance for dirt :-) So, moving everything around means I need to reevaluate how I do things, and how often. I love Simplemom and specifically her Master Weekly Checklist for cleaning and how often to do things so they don't get way past due. Yes, I need to be told. I don't have that part built in for some reason. That's my goal. Clean before it LOOKS like it needs to be cleaned. Revolutionary! I have a plan and hopefully once I get into the groove it will actually be much easier than what we do now.
We shall see.
At any rate, we are painting the living room and maybe the kitchen, reorganizing the guest room/office and trying to baby proof. It always gets worse before it gets better and while I hate the feeling of "worse" I LOVE "better" so we power through. It's also helpful (?) to move things around and realize that you really REALLY need to clean. My strong point is organization and making a place for everything. Jerry is definitely a cleaner. I am stating for the record that I LIKE things to be clean. I just have a higher tolerance for dirt :-) So, moving everything around means I need to reevaluate how I do things, and how often. I love Simplemom and specifically her Master Weekly Checklist for cleaning and how often to do things so they don't get way past due. Yes, I need to be told. I don't have that part built in for some reason. That's my goal. Clean before it LOOKS like it needs to be cleaned. Revolutionary! I have a plan and hopefully once I get into the groove it will actually be much easier than what we do now.
We shall see.










4 comments:
More power to ya!
I hear that... we just posted on some of our remodeling projects we are doing before Zeke-man gets here. I love your blog!!! So fun!
Oh my gosh thanks for the cleaning suggestions. I really need some sort of system, and since I clearly won't do it myself, having someone else tell might be the ticket!
And I want to come see the "after"!
I'd like to make places to put everything, but Daniel's piles keep exploding. So much colorful plastic junk everywhere!
Post a Comment