5.02.2009

Another rite of passage....

BEFORE

There are usually 3 times in a woman's life that she will change her hair.

1) After a breakup
2) After she gets married
3) After she has a baby

Well, I have done the post-breakup-do plenty of times in the past. However, while satisfying, your new hotness is wasted on a bottle of wine and a box of tissues. It's just not as fun as the post-wedding do. I skipped this one because I loved my hair long at the time and Jerry did too. Plus we weren't really in the market for a stylist if you know what I mean.

Once Oscar was born it was high time for a change. I opted for #3 , the post-baby-do. Ladies and gents, I give you....Mom Hair!

AFTER!
I absolutely LOVE it! I don't know if it's visible, but it's shorter in the back than the front and as I type I am wearing a headband. I think I am in love with myself. I haven't felt this fun in a long time :-) Sad and funny how a good haircut can do that for a girl. I went with my friend Jennymac and we had a fabulous time! I LOVED her stylist and can now call her my stylist! Seriously, curlygirls, you neeeeeed to go see Brandi. She completely rocked.

We had lunch downtown after our appointments and Jerry saw me for the first time there. He had NO idea what I had planned to do and was totally stunned when he saw me. But yeah, he loves it too. And so does Oscar! It didn't even bother me that he threw up all over me in the restaurant. I think my mojo is back ;-)

6 comments:

Paige Puckett,  5/02/2009 9:43 PM  

It looks soooooo good. I think I am in love with you too now ;). That's very true about the hair cuts. I never did it for breakups that I remember (but then I only had two, so I was not a pro at it), and Joe cut it on the honeymoon.... DISASTER. I really enjoyed my mommy cut and am now growing it out for the summer. Go figure, but I may cave.

E and A Rodriguez,  5/03/2009 10:51 PM  

Ok, who is this Brandi you speak of? I have yet to find a decent sytlist in NC for curly girls. tnhx

Mama Goose,  5/04/2009 1:20 PM  

Ooh, I like it! Ha, I have gotten my hair cut all 3 of those times... I didn't even know I was supposed to! :) Personally, I find short hair crucial with tiny dude, that is fo' sho'.

Jamie,  5/04/2009 1:22 PM  

Love it! It looks really good on you. I wish I could find a good stylist. I attempted to do the "mom" cut a little while ago, but my hair has not been cooperating and wants to be long again! Plus I'm terrible about keeping up with a cut.

Martha B. Metzler,  5/08/2009 11:39 AM  

Don't act like you weren't at a hookah bar with your baby in that picture.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP