4.29.2009

At the end of the day..my son is awesome.

Man I am drunk on baby love tonight. There is nothing like hearing your little one stirring to a wakened state and sneaking in to watch him wake up. I love the moment when he notices I am there and he gets the biggest grin on his face :-) At this point, Oscar is still figuring out his arms, so when he wants me to pick him up he throws his legs up in the air. It's so cute! If only he could just get the rest of his body to do that! I know he's thinking it.

He is also starting to intentionally lay his head on my shoulder. Now that he has more head control it's usually me dodging the flailing cranium and doing my best to avoid a headbutt. But in the past couple days he will look around, look at me and rest his head on my shoulder or chest. Bliss.

He had a couple more vaccinations on Monday, one shot and one oral. Physically, he hasn't been affected which is awesome. However his sleep has been a bit more fitful with a couple night feeds in the past couple days. I am not complaining because I know there is hope. I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel of sleep deprivation and it's a pretty pretty light. We'll get there again (soon I hope!) His napping has actually improved though! Go figure. Babies sure do change a lot :-) On with the pictures...

Our newest game is Oscar lifts. He loves it, we love it. Everybody wins! Unless you are on the receiving end of this

Thankfully it somehow managed to miss both of us completely, but I am so glad to have caught it on film because we KNEW it was only a matter of time!

Oscar has a new (to him) ladybug? Spider? Bumblebee? Whatever it is, he doesn't trust it. Not yet anyway....

3 comments:

Whitney,  4/29/2009 10:51 PM  

gosh! your kid sure is cute. gracious!

jenchak,  4/30/2009 8:46 AM  

ahh... nothing like spitting up in your preppy clothes. :)

has anyone mentioned that oscar is ridiculously cute? if not, he's cute.

Mama Goose,  4/30/2009 9:25 AM  

Micah has learned a game of leaning back in his wrap, waiting for me to look at him, and then laughing like it's the funniest thing ever. I think it kills me a little bit each time.

If I had known babies were so awesome I might have had one sooner.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP