Oscar's 1 month Check up!
Well today was Oscar's 'one month' check up - even though he is a couple days shy of 6 weeks old - and it was great! He is in the 97th percentile for height and weight and the 90th percentile for head circumference woo woo! His official stats are 11 lbs 9.5oz, 23.5 inches long and head circumference 15.75.
Our Pediatrician "Dr. Bo" is awesome and I think Oscar is really going to like him! Of course he won me over when he went on and on about how we picked such a great name that evokes warm and happy feelings and said 'he's gonna have a lot of friends with that name!' :)
We were there a while and Oscar started to melt down toward the end. I fed him right before we left for the office and he was overtired by the time we were in the exam room. He even fell asleep on me twice while we were waiting. We got some information about vaccines so we can prepare for our 2 month visit and the dreaded shots. I guess it's finally time to start my vaccine research. I know I want to do some kind of delayed schedule but beyond that I haven't really done my homework. So that will be a priority in the next few weeks.
Oscar and I are learning each other more each day. He sleeps great in his crib at night but will only nap in the swing or the moby during the day. He falls asleep in the car sometimes but once we stop moving, has a hard time staying asleep. I am not really sure how to deal with that if I need to do errands because nap time is all I have and if he can only sleep at home then we are in trouble...at least there is the Moby for emergencies!
Speaking of the swing, and I do, often...Oscar REALLY loves his swing. I am gonna go with it for now because you know what, it works! He is almost instantly in a trance when I set him down. He usually looks to his left, but today he was really craning his neck. I'm not sure what he was looking at because the only thing in that direction is the doorjam/ceiling. All I can guess is that he liked the contrast between the green walls and the white trim. ISN'T THAT ADORABLE???
Baby stuff.









1 comments:
Of course it's adorable, We're talking about Oscar here!
Post a Comment