What a difference an involved Father makes!
Time for a little husband/daddy brag!
Jerry has been sick for the past week or so and therefore has had to keep his distance somewhat from Oscar. I mean he wasn't quarantined or anything but just trying not to get in our faces. Well, he finally got on some antibiotics just in time for the weekend! He started feeling great and did not waste time in catching up with baby O. Not only is he willing to take care of him, he loves it! I am so blessed to have a husband who shares the workload in a REAL way! AND I was able to have some much needed me time this weekend as a result :-)
Saturday I went shopping for some new clothes for my postpartum body (yikes i am WHAT size???) and Sunday I went to church. All the while Jerry and Oscar were snuggled up at home with the dog having guy time. It's a good system and I feel totally refreshed and ready for another week! Saturday afternoon, Jerry spent some time over at Bob's playing music while I took a turn with the baby and that night we got take out sushi for Valentines' day! Sunday we took a walk with the whole family. Oscar didn't like stopping though. He is a mover! It was a well balanced weekend.
I think I can safely say we made it through our first growth spurt and for the past few nights, Oscar has been sleeping in really nice 3-4 hours chunks at night which is good for all of us. We had breakfast together this morning and I think I am really starting to get settled into mommyhood. But I don't think the transition would be nearly as smooth (or fun) without an awesome daddy!! In other words, shout out to all the dads who care! It does not go unnoticed. Thanks !!!
Jerry has been sick for the past week or so and therefore has had to keep his distance somewhat from Oscar. I mean he wasn't quarantined or anything but just trying not to get in our faces. Well, he finally got on some antibiotics just in time for the weekend! He started feeling great and did not waste time in catching up with baby O. Not only is he willing to take care of him, he loves it! I am so blessed to have a husband who shares the workload in a REAL way! AND I was able to have some much needed me time this weekend as a result :-)
Saturday I went shopping for some new clothes for my postpartum body (yikes i am WHAT size???) and Sunday I went to church. All the while Jerry and Oscar were snuggled up at home with the dog having guy time. It's a good system and I feel totally refreshed and ready for another week! Saturday afternoon, Jerry spent some time over at Bob's playing music while I took a turn with the baby and that night we got take out sushi for Valentines' day! Sunday we took a walk with the whole family. Oscar didn't like stopping though. He is a mover! It was a well balanced weekend.
I think I can safely say we made it through our first growth spurt and for the past few nights, Oscar has been sleeping in really nice 3-4 hours chunks at night which is good for all of us. We had breakfast together this morning and I think I am really starting to get settled into mommyhood. But I don't think the transition would be nearly as smooth (or fun) without an awesome daddy!! In other words, shout out to all the dads who care! It does not go unnoticed. Thanks !!!












2 comments:
Yay for take-out sushi! We discovered that one too :)... that and take-out El Rodeo. Glad to see you are all doing better. Oscar is just too cute sucking on Jerry's finger.
It's so amazing when you have a father that's helpful. For the first few days we were home when I needed it the most, Bill was wonderful, he would get up in the middle of the night and feed him or walk with him so I could sleep...it was really helpful!!!
Post a Comment