1.19.2009

Let the waiting commence.....

Well today is the first day of no work! Technically I am on vacation until my benefits kick in, which will be anywhere between now and 3 weeks from now, depending on when Mr. Tumnus decides to show up. Last week there were a couple days when I felt like it was going to be really soon. And then I had 5 straight days of nothing as if he has decided he is just fine where he is, thankyouverymuch.

Sleep just torments me. I know I am falling asleep because I am having little dreams here and there, but I feel conscious the whole night. And sore. I think at this point, I am a little nervous that I will be so exhausted from lack of sleep that I don't want him to come yet. But I know that I will be so happy when the time comes.

Today, Jerry is off as well so we have been doing a little bit of cleaning. We are caught up on laundry and we just cleaned the refrigerator. It's pretty much empty so we thought it would be a good time. He is going with me to get groceries later on so he can do all the lifting. I am hoping the walking around will do some good. And since it looks like we might get some snow, we might as well stand in line with all the other MILK AND BREAD seekers.

This week should be fun though. I have a few friend dates lined up, a Dr. appointment tomorrow and a shopping trip on Friday. Nothing too strenuous but it will be nice to go at a slower pace. Saturday, Jenny, Jessica and I had pedicures! It was wonderful. I have been waiting til this month to get one and it's almost silly how much better I feel! So all in all I am looking forward to this week. I feel ready for the baby, but also thankful to have a little time to transition to the next BIG thing. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Kelsey Wesley 1/19/2009 1:55 PM  

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting. Trevor was 4 days early....which was unexpected. Contractions are like nothing you have ever felt before, like little twinges that rise and fall like charlie horses (they aren't that painful to begin with though)Mine started at 3 minutes apart which is not normal but, I hope you are going for the epidural it helps alot. Good Luck and make sure you call when you go into labor I love you.

The Land of Luke & Ella 1/19/2009 4:18 PM  

It is so great that you are getting some down time. Try to enjoy it and reward yourself with some fun "waiting" stuff. I remember waiting for a pedi with Luke & Ella...I appreciated it so much more. It was like heaven.
Just enjoy yourself, try not to overthink things. Bottom line is that you were meant to have this baby and he will come out. So you can do it bc God designed you to do it.

Try to stay positive while you wait. And consider the lack of sleep preparation. You WILL get to sleep again after you get settled with the new baby. You are going to feel so much better once he is out.

Anonymous,  1/19/2009 7:25 PM  

im gonna stop by too. I got a little bitty something for the baby.

Mama Goose 1/19/2009 11:17 PM  

I bet since it's going to snow he'll come tonight.

Don't worry - you won't mind the lack of sleep while in labor. And afterwards you'll be too high to sleep!

Angie 1/20/2009 9:28 AM  

I hear ticking....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP