And....it's over...
Well, we have a new President! No, he isn't the one I voted for but I have to say I have an amazing peace about it all. We prayed yesterday and voted and that's all we can do. I am excited to see what God has in store for us. I have to admit, that while a little disappointing, I am glad Obama won by such a large margin and we don't have a big giant mess to deal with because of a massive nationwide tie...Anyone notice that NC hasn't even been called yet??? I don't think I could deal with another 2000 episode so I will find comfort in a decisive win!
That being said, I really hope things can and do change for the better. I hope that people can work together and be gracious to each other. The people that have been inspired by Obama now have their chance to shine and I hope they really use it. I also hope and pray that the people that didn't vote for him can carry on and find the good things about his ideas to latch onto and have productive conversation.
I was really moved by both speeches last night. McCain has class there is no doubt. I was really rooting for him because he has served for so long and so hard and you know he wanted it so much. But he bowed out gracefully and I am really thankful for that. Obama's speech was very interesting to me. It looked like he was absolutely stunned. I could sense this feeling of we did it. We did it?? We did......he almost looked like he was going to be sick. Not in a bad way, but in that overwhelming I don't know what to do with all of this emotion kind of sick. It was fascinating to watch history being made. I will continue to pray for him and his leadership and God's will for our country. In God is our true hope and I know he will be faithful!









3 comments:
I have a vast and intense respect for McCain. He seems like a good man who sincerely works very hard to do the best he can for the country. He DOES have a lot of class, you're right.
Very well said Mrs. Updyke! We enjoyed watching the results with you guys last night, even though we were routing for different sides, I think that's what being American is about.
No doubt Andrea. I feel a renewed hope and trust in God like never before. I felt peace this morning despite some disappointment personally. This is not about emotion. I would pray for whoever won bc they have a mess to fix. And we know they can't without prayer!
Post a Comment