2.19.2008

Sing...sing a song....

Many of you know that Jerry and I attend a church downtown called Vintage21. We love our church and the community we are in, so when we were asked to contribute to a new music CD, we were thrilled! Jerry plays bass and I sing in one of the bands at the church so we knew the songs already. We have some incredible talent at Vintage and it was an honor to be a part of the CD!

see how happy i am!?

Now all the vocals and music have been recorded and they are in the mixing stage. I think they are hoping to get the CD done by Easter! I am SO excited and I can't wait to hear it! Recording was really fun too and SO different from singing on stage. When you hear that playback and your voice is completely isolated it is so raw and scary! But I know they will do a great job of mixing everything together.

Jerry and JB breakin it down

On the last night that I recorded, they asked for a few extra people to come over and get "crowd background vocals". So we all stood in a semi circle in Taylor's basement and sang at the top of our lungs. Then we had to record the clapping! It was a lot of fun and again, can't wait to hear it!

Ok so this instrument probably won't make the cut, but it sure was fun to play with!

2 comments:

Gerald L. Updyke,  2/19/2008 1:38 PM  

awwww....the music stick! i want one!

Anonymous,  2/19/2008 9:21 PM  

I can't wait to hear it!

What's up with Jerry's level of radioactive radiance?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP