On My Bookshelf
Right now I am squarely in the middle of two books with one on the back burner and one for an occasional glance. I am FINALLY utilizing my public library and I love it! Especially now that I can go online, reserve a book, and then pick it up and scan it out all without having to speak to a human being! I know I know, I shouldn't be so excited about that last part, but let's be honest, I am .
What I am reading:
Deep Economy - Bill McKibben - My brain's answer to the fluff and my insatiable thirst for what is good. So far I am really enjoying it.
On the back burner (for now):

The Reagan Diaries - Ronald Reagan - I am SO looking forward to reading this book. I don't care how huge it is. (696 pages) I think it is really important to read about Reagan in his own words and remember (or not) what made him such a "thing" Can't wait.
On the shelf awaiting my kind perusal:
I Like You: Hospitality under the Influence - Amy Sedaris - This book is so fun to look at! Definitely not the sit down and read it type, but I am getting a kick out of it and I actually want to try her meatloaf recipe :-)
Overall I think it's a pretty well rounded list for right now. What are you reading??

The Reagan Diaries - Ronald Reagan - I am SO looking forward to reading this book. I don't care how huge it is. (696 pages) I think it is really important to read about Reagan in his own words and remember (or not) what made him such a "thing" Can't wait.
On the shelf awaiting my kind perusal:
I Like You: Hospitality under the Influence - Amy Sedaris - This book is so fun to look at! Definitely not the sit down and read it type, but I am getting a kick out of it and I actually want to try her meatloaf recipe :-)Overall I think it's a pretty well rounded list for right now. What are you reading??










3 comments:
Since you asked...on my perusal list, I have 'The Sneaky Chef', a cook book with recipes I hope to use to sneak vegetables into Kai! and 'Photoshop CS2'. My fluff at the moment is 'Voyager', 3rd in a series that takes place in Scotland.
OK, I know I let you know that I read your blog, but now it's time to shed the ghost-reader status altogether by commenting. I am so brave (or whatever).
I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia series for the first time right now. I'm almost finished with the 3rd of six, and so far they've been the equivalent of literary ice cream. Just smooth, sweet treats to read and the kind of substance that will stick with you. (As far as metaphors go that one may work too well...) :-)
Oh I re-read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe right before the movie came out and I loved it! But then when I saw the movie, I didn't really get that excited because it was SO the book! I vowed not to re-read the others so I get surprised this time around :-)
Post a Comment