2.08.2008

Ahh the merging of lives....

Jerry will have been living here with me for 6 months in just a week or two. And you wouldn't think it would take so long, but it feels like the "mine and yours" is finally "ours". We have been diligent in methodically weeding out the unnecessary and it has been real work. There have been a lot of fun moments but I am sure none that rival staying in bed all day watching The Anchorman.



However, the benefits are far greater than rest and muscle atrophy. We are watching our lives merge and in essence continually making it happen. It's fun!

Our Ikea trip was a big deal to me. Not just because we got some new stuff, but because for the first time in my life, I have someone to share a real home with and it is just so much better than I ever imagined! SO, I will continue to share our progress. It's fun to go back and look at what once was to see the changes!

Here is our Ikea haul

Bedroom so far

Wall of Storage (bedroom)

Living Room (from Kitchen)

Living Room (from Hallway)

Hand carved/painted Peruvian vase we got on our honeymoon!

Dining Area/Kitchen

So that's the update for now! I want to bring more color into the living room and get more art on the walls everywhere. I also have this crazy idea about putting a rug under the kitchen table??? I welcome any and all suggestions! It's a work in progress but it's fun!


2 comments:

Beth,  2/10/2008 4:09 PM  

Have you seen the latest ReadyMade? There's a thing about people just using Ikea stuff as a blank canvas of sorts to create swanky new (perhaps slightly more visually interesting) stuff. I think you'd enjoy it.

Anonymous,  2/11/2008 5:37 PM  

You could paint your own floor cloth to go under your table and chairs. It would be a work of art and functional as well. Instead of using cloth, paint it on the back of a piece of linoleum.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP