Time...is NOT on my side....
Well I am sorry that I haven't updated as much these days. The truth is, I just haven't had any time to get any wedding stuff done! You don't even want to know about my calendar. I assure you. The good news is, I have lots of plans....Hopefully THIS weekend we can get them off the list and into reality!
I speak for everyone I know when I say, this summer has been crazy! I don't feel bad speaking for you, person I know, because I know you ok? And you are having a crazy summer. On top of the wedding plans, our church is moving into a new building this month. This means lots of needs and lots of extra hours on the part of staff, volunteers and random people on the street that we can coax into the building with the words "free pizza". Everyone knows there is no such thing!
Jerry and I are super excited to get married and be boring again! I will say though, it has been pretty awesome to work together and try to find time to get things done. I think we are both surprised at our abilities to work hard and learn to be patient with each other. Hopefully, that will stick with us! We have our marriage class Thursday and have not even really had time to work on the homework. We have a date set for tomorrow night, so hopefully we will get it done!
In the meantime, I will leave you with this little trick:
I made this centerpiece for my un-bridesmaids' lunch and I plan to do the same thing for the rehearsal dinner:

I read in Bride and Bloom that carnations are indeed a very versatile flower and the trick is packing them tightly together for a fresh look. My whole life I have hated carnations and stuck them in the "cheap & ugly" flower category. But I really love them like this! And they are still cheap! Since I already had the "vase" ( a re-commissioned water goblet) The whole thing was $5 !! Woohoo!









6 comments:
That's pretty! They don't even look like carnations!
Amy
Very pretty!
they are pretty... did I take that picture?
I dislike carnations too, but yours don't even remotely resemble them-- they look fantastic!
your carnations are very nice! and they look like a special variation of the kind you normally see... they don't look so carnation-y and are lovely!
I think they might be-minis, but otherwise all carnation! Thanks everyone!!
Post a Comment