Ribbons and a Birthday!
As I mentioned in my previous post, Jerry helped me quite a bit this weekend in finishing up some wedding projects! Sidenote; he constantly surprises me with not only his willingness to help me do "girly" things, but he also shares in my excitement (even when it's silly) !!! That's love folks!
We needed to finish the Ribbon Wand Project (of 2007) so that we can make our hasty retreat after the wedding in style. So, this weekend I made the trek once again to AC Moore to get even more ribbon for our ribbon wands. I picked those up and a couple other things and headed home. Jerry was just finishing up with his volunteering that morning so we met with some friends for lunch at Cooper's BBQ downtown. THEN it was time to get to work! I got busy cutting the strips of tulle and ribbon for the wands, while Jerry was tying them together with one knot in the middle. Later, he would glue them to the tops of the dowels that I had and voila! Ribbon wands!
Here are a couple pics of Jerry and his handiwork. Note: Yes, he is wearing my apron.

GLU - with gluegun
Testing out the Ribbon Wands!
I love it! We have been talking about how we want to ride our bikes around to church, the store, out to eat...etc. But I didn't have a bike anymore and he had to get his tuned up. Well, he repaired his bike a few weeks ago and then surprised me with this Trek! I love it! now we can be in Bob's bike gang :-) And don't even try to start a Segway Club just to keep us out. It will never catch on. So far it has been a wonderful birthday and there is more to come! We are going out for Sushi tonight and I can't wait!!









5 comments:
Can you give more info on the ribbon wands? I have two weeks to firgure out what we will do. this looks easy but time consuming.
I like the new bike... make sure you have a matching helmet... or maybe a hairmet!
Miss - I bought pink tulle (2" wide) off cudge.net but you can get it at Michaels or AC more and cut it into 2ft strips, then I also cut bout 18" strips of satin ribbon and tied them together with one knot in the middle. We hot glued them to the tops of 6" wooden dowels that I also got from Michaels (I think it was like 60 for $2) So easy! Good luck!
Oh yeah and it really wasn't TOO time consuming....I would say once we had all the supplies it took about 4 hours for 150.
maybe one of the most disturbing/hilarious pictures I've seen of Jerry testing out the wand.
Post a Comment