Anxiety much???
I have been having all kinds of anxious dreams lately, some were directly wedding related and some not so much. A couple nights ago I dreamt that I was getting a promotion at work, only when I went to go meet with my boss, I was completely naked. I totally knew it in the dream, but there was nothing I could do about it. Then it switched to me being 1 hour away from my wedding and I was completely unprepared. Running around with my hair a mess and no makeup, nothing packed for the honeymoon and I forgot my shoes, etc. Seems typical enough for the planning stress. the dream I had last night however, was a little more obscure.
My friend Jessica and I are both brides-to-be, so my first clue that this is wedding related is the fact that she was in the dream. We were out to dinner with some people eating at an expensive restaurant. We each got an entree and then split some calamari (which coincidentally sounds really good right now). The bill came and ours was together when it should have been split, so the waitress split it. However, when the checks came back, there was all this extra stuff on there that we didn't order. When we asked her to correct the check yet again, she was bing a total you-know-what and we sat there for like 30 minutes or something just fuming, while she was helping all her other tables. Finally I was irate and asked to talk to the manager who wasn't much better in the service department. Ultimately, he started in saying things like like, are you sure you can afford to eat here? You don't have a good financial track record. Basically he was saying that I was lying about not having ordered the food because I didn't really have the money to pay for it. I can physically remember the anger I felt in the dream. I was SO mad. I was yelling at him and all this HOW DARE YOU, of course I can pay, etc...it was crazy....they finally fixed the bill and we paid and left.
Any ideas???









7 comments:
LOL! Hilarious! I always used to vent anger in my dreams. I'd tell off a boss, co-worker, etc. in ways I never would have in person.
From a Jungian analysis perspective start by talking to each person in the dream and ask them what they represent and what are they there to tell you. For example: have an interpersonal discussion with the waitress and manager and you might find that they are your unconcious fears requarding your preparadness for marriage. Jessica may represent the support and belief that you are ready for the next step in your life. The unordered food could represent the unexpected. I am most interested in the discussion you will have with the the calamari, since that appears to be the most important aspect of the dream because you are craving it. Start with these, and get back to me.
Brad
I'm sorry. He does this to me too.
Amy
That is so funny! I have no idea what it may mean, maybe you are concerned with the catering at the wedding????
Joe had a similar dream recently where he ordered a milkshake and root beer from Cookout and waited about an hour and fifteen minutes but never got it. The employees were playing video games and even after several attempts to get them to give him his shake still no success. He was very frustrated and thirty when he woke up.
What could this mean?
Amy, LOL!
thirsty not thirty!
that happens next year.
ha
Post a Comment