5.09.2007

Getting there!

Well we finally got most of the save the dates out last week after a crazy printing fiasco. We are still collecting the last few addresses so those should go out this week. I am hoping to have them all out before the price of stamps goes up on Monday.

Re: printing fiasco, I have a great 3 in one printer/copier/scanner that I got my last semester at state. It is a great machine but ran out of ink and since I don't print that much, I didn't replace it for a while. Well, upon knowing of my impending wedding and label printing needs I finally broke down and paid the $44.36 at Sam's Club to purchase said ink. Unfortunately, the Ink was for all models up to 4400 and after 4800. Of course mine is a 4600. I called Staples and with some convincing, was told they carry the ink that I needed. So, I returned my ink to Sam's and grabbed some pizza with my fiancee and his work peeps and later got the right ink from Staples. That night, I installed it and printed a test page. Well, you guessed it. Nothing. Actually, not nothing, but tiny yellow lines. It seems that I need new printheads. I tried cleaning them, but to no avail. My printer is still on the fritz. Fritz is a great word by the way and should be readily incorporated into daily conversation.

Back to the StDs (save the dates, who can resist?). Knowing that my printer was a no go, Jerry and I decided to work on the mailing list, merge the labels and go back to Staples to have them printed. It was only after we dropped them off and were looking at San Fransisco books for the honeymoon next door that we received a call saying they can't print the labels, nor can they reformat them. It's a long story, but after going to Kinkos and being told the same thing, we decided to scrap the past 4 hours and hand write them all. It was actually fun to do and it was done in no time!

I am excited about it because that was a big check mark on my list! Dean is working on the invitations and those should be coming along in the next month. I also made our wedding night hotel reservation which really makes me realize that I am getting married in 15 weeks!! Crazy!

4 comments:

Angie,  5/09/2007 12:09 PM  

We got ours! Loved it, very creative! Stamps are going up? ug. Sorry I haven't IM'd in a while, my computer is on the 'fritz'. :) It's the stupid EZ firewall garbage. Someone should blog about it. Got my dress, too! Now for the shoes....

Angie,  5/09/2007 2:29 PM  

BTW, what a nice shed you have in the background of your StD card! ;)

Andrea,  5/09/2007 4:37 PM  

YEAH! I am glad you liked it. And yes, stamps will be 41cents as of Monday, 5/14...boohoo!!

And who even knows about the shed...getting it out of our yard has proved nigh impossible. So we may be stuck with it!

Angie,  5/09/2007 4:43 PM  

Dang it, I JUST bought a book of stamps, and do they bother to tell me?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP