5.17.2007

Dinner Creations!!

My friend Nikki came over last night for dinner. She is going to be our wedding photographer so it was a fun excuse to try a new recipe! I decided to go to a little Mediterranean Grocery store on the way home from work. I wandered around for a few minutes and ended up with an array of ingredients and a little baklava from the dessert case!

Once I got home, I had to figure out how to put it all together. First I made some tabouli with tomatoes and cucumber so that could sit for a while ( at least an hour in the fridge). Then I went to work on my pita pizzas! I started with sesame pita bread and drizzled some olive oil over each piece and layered it with spinach, tomatoes, calamata olives and a wonderful new (to me) feta cheese called Danish White. Then I sprinkled some salt and pepper and baked them on 325 for about 15 min. I had boneless/skinless chicken breasts so I rubbed some cumin and coriander along with some lemon juice and salt on both sides of each piece and pan seared them til they were cooked through. Let me tell you, it was delicious!!!

I also served pita triangles with hummus (i tried a new brand - i didn't like it) and some assorted baklava for dessert! We had red and white wine and while I normally prefer red, the white was wonderful with this meal.

I got the "Jerry seal of approval" on the meal with extra props for the pizzas. We will definitely have it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP