4.18.2010

Bloomin Spring

This is my house:


And this is my back yard:
Pretty right?
I love Spring. It's such a beautiful transition from cold to warm. Old to new, stale to fresh. It's a new start. And I love some new beginnings. However, this year I am experiencing something new that I would rather skip.

ALLERGIES

I don't know if NC got a new breed of pollen this year or what, but I have never in my life felt so consistently crappy. It's not enough to lay me up completely. But I'm just miserable enough to make everything feel heavier and itchier and miserableier. You heard me.

Allergy sufferers, this one is for you. I don't know how you do it year after year. I'm in awe. I mean just look at my nose! I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be at least half this size...

3 comments:

Angie,  4/18/2010 9:20 AM  

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that all the rain delayed the early pollenators so there was a lot more at one time rather than being staggered throughout the season.

liz,  4/18/2010 9:29 AM  

Here in Memphis the pollen count has been outrageous! I heard that it's usually 200 or 300, but right now the count is 3,000! I'm not an allergy sufferer, but my oldest is. I feel bad for all who endure seasonal allergies.

Unknown,  4/18/2010 11:33 AM  

Beautiful! Your azaleas are stunning. I love your color of the mulch in your front beds, too. Is it pine?

Do you have a neti pot? It's a little teapot-looking thing that you use to rinse your sinuses with a saline solution. You can get one at most drug stores. Feels really weird and it's kind of gross, but works wonders. My husband uses it daily during allergy season to keep his sinuses as clean and clear of allergens and bacteria as possible. It's safe and non-medicated.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP