3.24.2010

More thoughts on Starting Small...

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a contest I entered to win a partial sponsorship to Blogher 2010, from Seed Power Body Care and Hip As I Wanna Be. I focused on small beginnings and why this is particularly inspiring to me. There is just something about seeing things through from beginning to end. It's not all about success either. There are sure to be plenty of wrong turns. I think there is something about me that is drawn to trial and error. I love that Rebecca's journey to co-founding Seed was just that. She researched, she did her homework, she made personal decisions that worked for her family  and I am sure, plenty that didn't!

I like to think that we do that as well. Especially now that I am a mother, I am far more diligent about what comes into our house and especially what goes into my son's body. I feel that it is trickling UP to Jerry and I as well. We have continued our garden endeavors for the 3rd year in a row and are using cloth diapers at least part of the time with Oscar. We try to make little changes here and there so that over time, we can look back and see that we really made a difference. It is about small beginnings. I get that. I love that about my life and I appreciate the honesty that Rebecca and Benjamin have shown through their mission statement and their company as a whole. It's a good feeling to know what you are doing matters. Whether it is only for your family or for others, we can all do our part to make our our lives safer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP