Let the Gardening Begin!
Saturday marked the official first day of Spring, I know this because Rita's was giving away free Italian Ice, a provision that would have been awesome had my local store BEEN OPEN. I digress.
The weather was nice and I decided it was time to get our square-foot-gardening boxes prepped for planting. This year, we decided to move them closer to the house because a) The sun is better, and b)last year they turned into giant litter boxes. We are hoping that having them closer will also make it a wee bit easier for me to maintain them since Jerry has decided to be hands off (see giant litterbox).
old location
new location!
We moved the Jade plants to the former garden area because they seemed to get a little too scorched last year. I am really excited about the new setup! I plan to keep it simple with tomatoes, squash, cucumber, peppers, basil, cilantro, and lettuce. We just need to get our dirt mix (we'll use a combination of black kow, black hen, and vermiculite with some peat moss) and we'll be ready to plant!
new home for the jades!
Oh yeah, and don't even ask me about seeds. I have no idea. I deal only with transplants. If you really want to get dirty, check out Paige at Pocket Smiles for some great gardening tips! What are you planting this year? Will you start from seed? Or will you be harvesting the grocery garden?












2 comments:
We follow the SFG also AND will be moving our boxes. That's on the agenda for next weekend.
Confession. I had know idea what Rita's was, and all I knew was you and Jessica were putting up "FREE RITA'S" tweets, and I was all who is Rita and why isn't she free? Was it like a Free Willy thing or something? Or maybe it was a free Rita, but was is a Rita? Rhymes with pita, or cheetah, but who would really want a free cheetah? They are still endangered, right?
Post a Comment