I'm A Smart Mom!
So you might remember that from time to time, I throw my hat in the ring over at Triangle Mamas, a local blogging collective run by the fabulous and talented Marty. I followed a rabbit trail one day through various blogs here and there and discovered that there is a really great blog community right here on my doorstep! So when I was invited by Erin aka Marketing Mama to participate in the SmartMom Solutions Roadshow, I jumped at the chance! My friend Jessica was also planning on going so we each got babysitters and had a real mom's morning out!
Before I get into the actual event, I just want to say how refreshing it was to be in a room with so many talented women! I didn't get to meet them all but the atmosphere was really great. There was definitely a level of professionalism, but at the same time an almost camp-like camaraderie that made me feel instantly welcome.
After a quick meet-n-greet, we were entertained by several different speakers who each gave some really helpful information on how to be more efficient as moms. RealLifeSarah gave some wonderful tips on couponing including one shocker that blew me away! So good that I am going to share it with you. Did you know that if you see some beef or something on sale (like a chuck roast) but what you really want is ground beef, you can march it right over to the meat counter and they will grind it for you!? Who knew? Ok, maybe you did, but I definitely did NOT.
Maria Bailey of MomSelect is the brain behind this operation and many other wonderful things including the upcoming Mom's Night Out. Her goal is to bring moms and companies together and figure out what works for everyone. Seems simple right? Well it is! We got to check out some great new products and hear from a number of different industry women. I am particularly excited about the Ionator HOM (link below) so stay tuned to this blog because you might see it around here soon!
Honestly, to try and relay all of the quality information we got would take all day, so I'll just say it was a great time and I was introduced to some really great products! Thanks so much to Maria and the sponsors (below) for putting together this road show. I can't wait to do it again!
Zippity Doo's - children's daily-use hair care products that prevent lice (zippitydoos.com);- My Job Chart - an online source for a job chart your kids will love (www.myjobchart.com);
- BioGaia probiotic straws and tablets - safe, effective probiotics that promote healthy tummies; (childrensprobiotics.com);
- ionator HOM - chemical-free cleaning with ionized water (www.activeion.com);
- Hot Locks dolls - spunky, funky dolls with lots of fun and fabulous hair (www.wowwee.com/en/special/
hotlocks); - Fisher-Price Trio - a creative building set for children ages 3-5 (fisherprice.com);
- Smart Mom Solutions pads - products designed for busy moms (SmartMomSolutions.com);
- Puma - gift cards for this popular kid's clothing line (Puma, LRG for Boys, Akademiks,
- Scandinavian Child- bags with safety information (SCIchild.com);
- Catch A Character (catchacharacter.com);
- Milson Road - give the perfect gift of "The Daily Portrait" for special occasions (milsonroad.com);
- LikeWear - fun, boutique children's clothes that children love. (likewear.com)









1 comments:
I agree... you are one SMART momma!! My mom used to do the ground beef trick, but I always seem to forget. Thanks for the reminder. :-)
Post a Comment