3.05.2010

Fake 'N' Bake Empanadas!

I haven't posted anything for Meal Planning Mondays in a while because honestly, we haven't done anything new. We like what we like and I guess I haven't been all that adventurous in the kitchen as of late. Until this week! I got a good deal on ground beef and wanted to do something different yet easy. I don't claim this recipe to be all that original, or authentic.But it sure was good!


Easy Empanadas:

1) Saute Ground beef with one chopped onion/drain
2) Season with taco seasoning (or make your own with cumin, coriander, cilantro leaf and salt)
3) Add one can RoTel (I drained off most of the juice)
4) Add cheddar cheese

That's your filling!  
meanwhile:. Preheat oven and roll out croissants (I used Pillsbury)

5) Spoon filling onto each triangle, roll,  and bake!
6) Top with Sour Cream and hot sauce. Yum!

I used a little less than a pound of beef and had WAY too much filling for 8 croissants, just to give you an idea. I piled the rest in a pizza crust and folded it over to take care of the leftovers. That was good too, but the croissant went better with the mixture.

5 comments:

Campos Family,  3/05/2010 9:44 AM  

Following from Friday Follow! This recipe sounds great.. we eat out way too much so I've been looking for easy recipes to make at home! If you get a chance please stop by and visit my blog. Have a great weekend! :)

http://lifebeneathapizzabox.blogspot.com/

Unknown,  3/05/2010 2:24 PM  

Following you back! Thanks for stopping by!

That Bald Chick,  3/05/2010 5:06 PM  

That looks YUMMY! Happy Friday Follow. I'm following you, now!
Virginia
http://ladyvdzine.com/

Rebecca D,  3/05/2010 8:46 PM  

Thanks for stopping by... I'm following you back.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments,  3/05/2010 11:33 PM  

Yummm! This looks awesome :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP