Twinkle Twinkle Little Bedtime Routine
When Oscar was just weeks old, we decided to establish a bedtime routine. It was basically the same for all naps and bedtime so that he would get a cue that sleeping comes next. When trying to decide what we would do, a lot of the books we read suggested thinking ahead a few months and deciding if what you do today is what you will want to do every day for the next several years.
We decided that we wanted something simple and sweet that we could do anywhere. Basically, the routine is get changed into jammies and a new diaper, grab blanket and paci and sway standing up next to the crib while we sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Then we say a prayer and into the crib he goes. This routine has served us well and Oscar loves it, save for the times when we say AAAA-MEN, and he realizes he is being lowered to the cage of slumber. However, most times, he welcomes sleep and we like that.
I chose Twinkle Twinkle for no reason except for the fact that one day as I was trying to get Oscar to sleep as a newborn, I realized that I had forgotten the words to every single nursery rhyme in the history of the world, except for good ol Twinkle. Now it has special meaning, but only after seeing how Oscar loves to hear it. As the months drew on, he became interested in his ABC poster and I started singing the ABCs to him and ....wait a minute.... IT'S THE SAME SONG!
How did I never realize this???
Since then, it has become my personal quest to find out how many other songs are cheats like this. BAA BAA Black Cheap is a definite offender. Who knew?
I think I'll try it this way next time -









4 comments:
what's up with the creepy puppet at the end?
haha yeah skip that part :-)
Where on EARTH did you find that? Hilarious!
My 4 year old actually realized that ABC and Twinkle were the same song. It's pretty bad when your 4 year old realizes it and you haven't! LOL!
Post a Comment