A Jack of All Trades but A Master of None...
I have used this phrase many times to describe myself. Sometimes I see it as a good thing. Other times I feel like it's just an excuse to dabble my way through life. I love this blog and I really want to see it grow, but each time I read up on how achieve my goals, all the information I get is about "finding your niche", "gaining focus", writing for your "target audience". Well, the thing is, I don't have a niche, focus OR a target audience! It would seem then, that I will need to get a job.
I love to cook, but I am not a cook. I love my son, but I am clearly not an expert on raising children. I love so-called "diy" but I am not a designer. I love my city, but I am nobody's tour guide. So what is my blog niche? I think it's the normal person. Most of us are just people trying to do life, raise kids and have fun as much as we can. We like to serve others and learn new things and form hobbies while letting others go. And what is wrong with that?
A lot of times, I feel self-centered when I write this blog because, well it's about me and my life. Chances are, I am not going to increase readership without some big hook to keep people -that I don't already know and love- coming back. And I think I am ok with that. If this blog never turns into anything other than a personal newsletter to my friends and loved ones, then so be it. If it grows and I meet new people and make new friends, then that would be awesome too.
I will keep trying to "find my niche" and in the meantime, keep on living, learning, loving and sharing. I don't think I could stop if I really wanted to. While it would be awesome to make a few bucks with this blog, I would do it for free. Niche or not.









0 comments:
Post a Comment