Happy February!
Well, it's hard to believe that February is here already but it is and I am glad! Something about January that hits the reset button, but February feels like the rubber is finally hitting the road. I lost 2 lbs last month which is less than I had hoped, but still moving in the right direction. We stayed close to our budget and Oscar turned one! It was a great way to kick off the year, but now I am ready to keep it going. I am really excited about this month because 1) February is short so my monthly goals seem easier to attain. and 2) LOST starts tonight!
Let's just talk about LOST for a minute. If you have been following this show in any capacity, you know that it has been a lonnnnng 9 months since the end of season 5. I could have had another baby in that time! Crazy. But the final season is finally here, and I am super excited about it! In fact, I almost jumped up and down when I saw this promo last night including lots of juicy clips from the new season!
Yesterday's grocery trip was also a success! If you get a chance to go to Kroger this week, you should definitely participate in the 10 item promo where if you get 10 participating items, they will take $5 off your total with your Kroger card. You can do this multiple times in one order! Yesterday, I did 33 items and before savings/coupons the total was $102. I spent $39! That's a savings of 62% so definitely worth it. I get so excited about this sort of thing because saving on groceries has become my personal mission. Since I don't bring in a lot of cash, I like to see how I can "make" money by not spending it. Plus who doesn't love a great deal?
It's still pretty snowy outside but we aren't stranded anymore, which is nice. Honestly, I have enjoyed it and Jerry has been able to not go into work until 10am both yesterday and today. We love our mornings with DaDa and the extra time just makes it that much more special!
Goals this month include, staying within our budget, losing at least 4lbs and exercising 4 times each week. I have others, but they are boring and really not blogworthy. Do you have any goals for February? Will you be watching LOST? Did you get any great deals this week?









3 comments:
Yes, I will be watching LOST tonight!! I have a plan to start the bedtime routine a little early tonight for the boys, so I won't miss it. Why don't I DVR it (as if DVR is a verb... lol)? No DVR for us cheap-skates. ;-) But I am soooo looking forward to it. It took me at least 2 seasons to get into the show b/c the music was just a little too creepy for me (that's a JJ Abrams thing, I guess). I've learned that if I just curl my toes and bring my legs to my chest, I can handle the uncertain moments.
Great job on the Kroger deals!! I love the "buy 10, get $5 off" promo. I shop every two weeks and was tempted to go last week (my off week) b/c I love that promo. So you can imagine that I was uber-elated to see that it was going on this week, too!!! :-) I usually do three sets, like you.
As far as goals, I think we'll be revisiting our budget and debt-snowball (Dave Ramsey) status this month. It helps to make sure our budget is realistic and gives us inspiration to keep going.
Praying that you have an awesomely-fantastic and productive month!! :-)
I am sad to admit that I watched the first 15 minutes of the 1st episode of season 6. What can I say? I am super impatient. Love this show. The quality was so bad (someone recorded it with a handheld camera when it was playing at the premiere on the beach in Hawaii) I finally turned it off and vowed to wait until tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow, as in Weds. I hate hate hate watching Lost with commercials. So I wait until its posted online and then watch it. Happy February to you!
YES to Lost!
Post a Comment