2.05.2010

Children's Books: New Favorites

Oscar is really getting to the stage where books are more than just something to look at. He will sometimes even make it through a whole story! Mostly, we point out things in the pictures that he would recognize such as trees, bananas, dogs, etc. and that seems to work really well. Recently, I picked up the book Mommy Hugs because I thought it was a sweet idea and I liked the artwork. We go through all the animals and then we get to hug at the end! What could be better?

Well yesterday, I discovered Daddy Kisses! I am not sure who likes it more (Oscar or Jerry) but it is a big hit already. And the funny thing is When I gave it to Oscar he said Dada! Now when I show him the male and female versions of animals, I don't say boy or girl. I usually say Mama or Dada. The cover of the book has a male lion so maybe he knew? Either way, he loves it and we have a new favorite book! My only question is how come the Daddy gets to be a Lion while the Mommy is an Elephant? Hmmm...

1 comments:

Anonymous,  2/05/2010 3:43 PM  

We like those books, too! Have you read him any Sandra Boynton? Our favorites...But not the Hippopotamus; The Going to Bed Book; Moo, Baa, La La La; Blue Hat, Green Hat. My boys also LOVED flap books at that age. Such as Where's Spot and Dear Zoo. And of course, you can't go wrong with Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? or the That's Not My... series from Usborne. Books are our passion.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP