1.20.2010

Budgetary Obligations

This weekend, we worked on our Master Budget for 2010. We decided to do an overarching budget for the year and each month we will revisit and see what is working and what needs to be revamped. I am really excited about this year in particular because I feel like we really communicated well and came up with a plan that is realistic and achievable.

Part of my goal is to cut our monthly grocery budget by at least 40%. This month I did it (as long as I planned well and don't get anything else) and I feel great! Today's grocery trip should take us in to February and even over a little.

We also built in some savings for Christmas and a summer vacation! This is a first for us and it's really exciting. I think it will help me personally pass up some impulse buy because I know that money is going to something fun and not just another oil change.

I am still looking for a part time job, but as many of you mamas know, that can be dicey with a schedule that requires you to be home during office hours. I have a few resumes out there so, we'll see.

Overall, I am just really proud of Jerry and I for coming together this week and getting it done. Money can be a really volatile area of discussion and I feel like we are finally working together for our FAMILY goal. I love it. I love him. I am thankful.

1 comments:

Chris Miller,  1/20/2010 9:28 PM  

Hey there...I do this part-time (Super-duper part time, with three kids, but part time all the same) leapforceathome.com It's an assignment as an Independent Contractor evaluating search engine results for google. You work when you want, however much you want, submit an invoice each month and get paid. I love it. It can be monotonous at times but so is laundry and housecleaning and this pays 13.50 an hour. I usually work about 2 hours a day (or whenever I feel the purse strings starting to stretch). That's normally split up into 10 to 20 minute increments...basically whenever Mom isn't being screamed...lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP