12.29.2009

We're Back from the Mountains!



I have to say that I feel like I've been in La-La land. A magical place with no cell-phone towers, tv, internet or video games. It. was. heaven. I spent much needed quality time with my family, great friends and all of our children. I am overcome with gratitude for the many blessings that I so often take for granted.

Oscar had an amazing time and once again impressed us all with his amazing ability to adapt. We loved sharing a room with him and while he slept in the pack-n-play most of the time, we enjoyed our morning snuggles immensely. And we even had a couple mornings that started with a gentle tap-tap-tap from Grammy asking if she could take Oscar so we could sleep in. Yes, I said ASKING.

I just don't even know where to begin. In a way the trip was so fast-paced and fun because there were people everywhere. But at the same time, we had a wonderfully relaxing vacation. Memories are rushing through my brain at a rapid pace and all I can focus in on are images of laughter, rest and love. I know once I have a chance to regroup I will be able to write more. But for now, I think that sounds like a pretty great Christmas.

1 comments:

jenchak,  12/30/2009 2:20 PM  

glad you guys had an awesome vacation! we are also glad that you are back, though. ;)

and by they way... that baby does not look like oscar. he looks like oscar's older brother, if there were such a thing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP