11.19.2009

Celebrate Thanksgiving with a Rwandan Basket Giveaway!

Ya'll I have an amazing giveaway to share with you. I am so excited about this one that I have been putting it off because I want to make sure to do it justice. I have been fortunate enough to be included in Rwanda Path for Peace project headed up by The BlogRollers! This project really is amazing. Rwandan women are supporting their families with the sales of handwoven baskets, jewelry and textiles. They are creating beautiful goods that are sold in a fair manner so the profits reach the artisans instead of lining the many deep pockets between here and Rwanda. The Fair Winds Trading Company and Macy's are partnering with these extraordinary women to sell the baskets and other items including the O bracelet that was recently featured in Oprah's O Magazine. They have done an incredible job in aiding these women. You can purchase their creations at Macy's, but today I have a hand made basket to GIVE to one of my readers!!!

As I said earlier this week, it seems like either we are all more thankful or more vocal about our thanks this year compared to the past. Maybe I am just paying closer attention. With the status of the world today, it is so important to appreciate the blessings that surround us. At no given time are we guaranteed success of any kind and sharing with, encouraging and supporting each other are more important than ever. I think these baskets are beautiful and I love the message they contain. Imagine, women working together to support each other instead of tearing them down; creating beauty and passing it on to benefit many instead of just themselves. I am honored that I get to be a part if it and share a basket with you!



So how can you win? 
Leave me a comment telling me how another woman has supported you.(even if you are a man, let's celebrate the ladies!)


How about some extra entries? (Only valid after first entry is completed)
If you are already a follower in any of these ways, just leave a comment letting me know! Remember to leave a separate comment for each thing you do so it gets counted! And as always, if your post is anonymous, make sure I have an email address to reach you in case you win!


Contest ends on November 26, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. All comments after that time will not count as entries. Winner will be drawn from the comments, using random.org and will be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with their mailing address. If no response is received, a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to residents of U.S. only. For my participation I will be provided with a basket, apron and linens.

17 comments:

MamaLovesBooks,  11/19/2009 10:48 AM  

Hey Andrea! When I was a young teenager, Mrs. Sallie Rushing supported me and encouraged me in my short-term mission endeavors. She was the type of supporter who always wanted to HEAR and EXPERIENCE everything just as I did. She imparted so much of her own life to me, and I have never forgotten what she has taught me. The day the world lost Princess Diana and Mother Theresa, I lost Ms. Sallie, who had affected me more in her simple kindnesses and profound love than either of those other truly amazing women the world lost.

MamaLovesBooks,  11/19/2009 10:49 AM  

Oh, and I DO follow you on Facebook! - Sarah C.

Jennifer Wells,  11/19/2009 12:22 PM  

Hi Andrea! When I was 12 I started to babysit for my neighbor Lisa down the street. She had one kid when I met her and moved to a different sate when her 4th and last one was born. I would at times I would babysit for free when her family was having some hard times with her marriage and trying to finish her degree at night. We became good friends over the years, even though she was much older (she still says she's 29 tough,ha). I used to go over to her house frequently to chat and she has inspired me in many ways. She didn't always make the best decisions in life, and wanted me to do differently than her in things such as in relationships, school, and professionally. She got her business degree when her third child was 2 and pregnant with the last. I was so proud of her and she unfortunately eventually ended a very toxic marriage (although I do believe it is better to have two parents, except for certain circumstances splitting could be better for kids) After losing her house with her ex husband, she started two successful businesses from home so she could stay home with her kids and eventually bought two homes! She always told me to find someone who was my equal and not to settle like she had. She also made sure that I knew how important higher education was since my family didn't value it as much. I believe to this day that I am a much better person and I have made wiser decisions in my life because of her. She always let me know how proud she was in everything I did. I didn't get much praise at home so I really appreciated it when she made big deal about things nobody else did. We are still good friends and you just made me realize I should probably tell her how much she has impacted me. Thanks!

Angie,  11/19/2009 3:36 PM  

Right now I'd say my boss is the first to come to mind. I have been substituting for her for about two months. She wants to hire me but the district is in a hiring freeze and wants to hire from within. She's really going to bat for me. She's even called around to other schools to see if anyone else has a position open.

jenchak,  11/19/2009 4:08 PM  

i can count on my two best friends, kim & nicole, at any moment. they think about me at random times and let me know that. they'll be honest with me and love me no matter what.

jenchak,  11/19/2009 4:08 PM  

i follow you on twitter!

jenchak,  11/19/2009 4:08 PM  

i follow you on facebook

jenchak,  11/19/2009 4:09 PM  

i follow this blog!

Mama Goose,  11/20/2009 11:14 AM  

My friend has been taking Micah every week so I can get some rest in the first trimester. With Mike in school 2 nights a week and study group another night, plus leading a community group, I NEED this time!

Mama Goose,  11/20/2009 11:17 AM  

I follow on facebook!

Jessica,  11/22/2009 9:17 AM  

Well I guess I could take the easy way and say how my mom has supported me... but it's true. I think sometimes I take for granted how close a relationship I have with my mother. I don't think a lot of women are as blessed as I am to have a great relationship with their mom.

Jessica,  11/22/2009 9:17 AM  

I follow this blog

also, I saw these baskets in my Elle Decor holiday gift guide.

Jessica,  11/22/2009 9:18 AM  

I follow on twitter and tweeted.

Anonymous,  12/02/2009 10:47 AM  

Andrea, Thanks for doing this give-away of the Path to Peace basket. I'm involved with the P2P project and am so grateful that you're sharing this story with your followers! I've added this post to the Path2Peace fan page on Facebook and will continue to follow your blog! Thanks! - Lauren

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP