Another Win for the Internet and a Prayer Request
I love technology. I always have. I might not have the latest greatest gadgets a lot of the time, but I love to tinker. I have been "online" since the early days of Prodigy and dial-up. When my family was in Israel in 1994, we set up email to connect with our loved ones at home, most of which had to drive to our church to use the computer because it was the only one that could connect to email and the internet. And so it began.
Fast forward 15 years and the world is immersed in Twitter and Facebook and Blogging and we are making friends across the globe with ease. Today's post is about one such connection.
I've been blogging for years, but just recently decided to join Twitter. One of the first connections I made was with a hilarious blogger named Anissa Mayhew. She has her own blog and also runs a collaborative called Aiming Low. I don't know Anissa. We have never met. But her sense of humor and personality have been much more than words on a screen. She is a stranger to me, but one that has made me smile. As a stay-at-home mom, it can be hard to feel connected to the outside world. This is one reason I believe socalled "mommy-bloggers" are so prevalent in the online community. When babies are napping and kids are home sick or schedules just don't jive, there is always the internet. It can be an amazing way to find support and friendship through otherwise lonely days.
I'm sad to say that yesterday, Anissa suffered a stroke and is currently in the ICU of her hometown hospital. She has been responsive according to some updates through the grapevine, but she needs all the prayers we can send her way. In the same way that I would call on my "in-person" community to pray for a friend in need, I am calling on my online community to do the same thing for Anissa. I might not know her in person, but her story has touched my heart. Please pray for her full recovery, for her husband, and her children. If you wish to leave a comment or find out how you can help further, you may do so at Aiming Low.
Thanks friends.










2 comments:
I was just thinking about this last night as I went through the thousands of twitter posts of people that were praying for Anissa. One of my favorite things about the internet is meeting people around the world and build relationships with them.
Oh, how scary for her. I'll be praying for Anissa and her family.
Post a Comment