8.19.2009

Wow! Is it Wednesday already?



This week feels like one long day just mushed all together. Not necessarily in a bad way. I just don't know where the time is going. Oscar has been sleeping really well, despite what I am calling teething pain (for lack of a better diagnosis). I predicted that we would see a tooth this week....Only 3 more days or I have to eat my words. AGAIN. So even with the good sleep, we have the teething and about a million other things to think about.

This weekend starts off a week of fun for us though! So, a lot of my time has been spent preparing for that. Tomorrow night, Jerry has a Whalewatchers show in Chapel Hill and tomorrow and Friday, some friends of mine from Florida will be in town for a performance on Friday night. They are a really exceptional dance company and a lot of Fun to watch! Check them out! So, Jerry will stay home with Oscar while I go see the show.

Also on Friday, Jerry's mom will arrive for a 10 day visit! She'll make her way to our place on Saturday and then the fun really begins! Jerry is taking off Monday-Wednesday to spend time with all of us. AND, since Tuesday is our anniversary, he and I are having a little getaway while Mimi stays with Oscar. We are so excited! We aren't even leaving town but just getting a hotel room makes it feel like a much needed vacay. And of course we'll go to dinner and maybe even *gasp* a bar! So looking forward to it!

Speaking of sleep, I mentioned that Oscar is sleeping better. Well, in the past week or so it has become evident that eating at night really wasn't helping him, so I stopped feeding him in the wee hours. I realized this was the case when the last few times he would get up in the middle of the night, he really didn't seem interested in nursing, would be hitting me and fussing and when he did eat, he didn't fall asleep at all. So, in lieu of feeding to sleep, Jerry and I took turns getting him back to sleep on his own. And in the past week, we've had 4 nights of 11 hours of straight up sleep. His naps are getting better too, so I am really happy about it. I am feeding him a lot more during the day which I don't mind, we are just trying to find a good rhythm. Now if we could get this tooth to pop, life would be perfect right? No way, there is always something.

Today, Oscar had his pictures taken! I will post more about it later, but I am super excited about them and I can't wait to see how they turn out! I think that just about does it for updates. Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 comments:

Angie,  8/19/2009 9:15 PM  

Yay for anniversary getaways! And for pictures! Which reminds me...did you get pics taken in the hospital? I don't think I ever saw them...

Paige Puckett,  8/19/2009 9:54 PM  

I'm so glad Oscar is sleeping so well. I bet you feel like a new person!

Mama Goose,  8/19/2009 10:12 PM  

I never know what day it is... ;) I LOVE that picture of Oscar, how cute! AND, I am glad to hear you are getting an overnight away. Awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Have a question? I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a line at
andrea@lilkidthings.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP