A few weeks ago swings went on sale at Target. I suppose they are cleaning out their summer stuff (though I am pretty sure you can swing all year long) so we decided to take advantage of it. However as soon as I got home I went right out to the back yard and realized that we don't have a single branch! What to do? It became clear that the swing would go in the front yard, which meant buying chain and borrowing an extension ladder. That's code for, this ain't gonna happen for a while.
This weekend we finally got it together and made it happen. Turns out the project was much easier than the anticipation and it only took about 30 minutes. Sadly, Oscar had already gone to bed so we had to wait A WHOLE DAY to let him use it. We talked about waking him up to play but decided against it....
Looks like it was worth the wait! Anyone wanna come swing with us?
4 comments:
wait, so how did you get it up? i did the same thing and i figured we'd put it in the garage...
We got 2 15' lengths of chain and 2 carabiners and wrapped the chain around a high branch on the tree out front. We secured each chain with a nail to prevent slippage and the swing came with hooks that just hook through the chains!
so cute. I remember when Jacob would swing in his swing just like that.
Swings are the BEST!
Post a Comment